Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More than we deserved?

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I can think of one or two games this season where we got what we deserved (Liverpool on Wednesday for instance!).
I can think of even more games this season where we got less than we deserved (Palace away the stand out!)

.... but is that the first time this season we got more than we deserved?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No, we got a hard earned point. Burnley is a tough place to go, we are struggling a bit with injuries. On the other hand, Burnley may not have got what they deserved, the two things are not mutually exclusive.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, we got a hard earned point. Burnley is a tough place to go, we are struggling a bit with injuries. On the other hand, Burnley may not have got what they deserved, the two things are not mutually exclusive.

This.

Also, I'm slowly reaching a sort of apotheosis where, basically, I feel that things are what they are, with respect to BHA.

And I'll metaphorically wrestle any man or woman who disagrees, with argumentative posts. Fact.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Draw was fair. I’d say 60/40 in the non football teams favour today but prob didn’t do enough to win it as such. Such fine margins in this league though.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
My fair-minded Burnley supporting mate (yes, they do exist and it's possible for Albion fans to have them...) reckons that it was a decent point for both teams.

We certainly had the better of the 1st half, but then they ran us ragged out wide in the 2nd.

Burnley were looking the stronger at the end and the team more likely to score.

I'm glad it finished when it did.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
My fair-minded Burnley supporting mate (yes, they do exist and it's possible for Albion fans to have them...) reckons that it was a decent point for both teams.

We certainly had the better of the 1st half, but then they ran us ragged out wide in the 2nd.

Burnley were looking the stronger at the end and the team more likely to score.

I'm glad it finished when it did.

Second half they dominated us until about the 80th minute when they looked exhausted too and Lallana helped us regain our composure. I actually thought we may nick it then.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Second half they dominated us until about the 80th minute when they looked exhausted too and Lallana helped us regain our composure. I actually thought we may nick it then.

Yes, Lallana definitely helped to calm things down and get us that point.

Probably just as well. Burnley had more possession (55% v 45%), more shots (20 v 10) and more shots on target (7 v 2) than us.

Considering we'd played our best football in that first half, the stats just show how one-sided the 2nd half was!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was a fair result and the sort of match that shows why both sides will probably stay up - both gritty, committed, good organisation and the abilty to pinch a goal.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Burnley are anti football
They should have been at twickenham against Scotland.
We got a point.
****’em.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think overall Burney outplayed us but had Cononlly's effort not been saved I don't think Burnley would have come back from 2 nil down. I feel a draw was fair in the end.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Burnley should have beaten us today. We should have beaten them at the Amex. If both away teams had capitulated instead of hanging on, we'd both have one more point than we have now.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Burnley are anti football
They should have been at twickenham against Scotland.
We got a point.
****’em.
Direct football isn't anti football, neither is having 20 shots in a game .

They are old fashioned with direct wing play but they do it very well.

Palace having one shot against us is anti football. I would also argue that Mourinho plays anti football (albeit very successfully).

I know it's not going to go down well in here but I don't really feel much beef with Burnley, good luck to em.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Fair result, I'm still working out howJBG managed to get out of the way of Dunk's header! I reckon we'll both stay up this season which is great news.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
First game I think where our xg was lower than the opponents, and we still got something.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What it shows is the value of scoring first, something we’ve failed to do a lot when we’ve had periods on top early in games. Overall they probably shaded the game, but we’re always chasing us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here