Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connolly - under appreciated?

Loc

Feb 6, 2021
Hey everyone,
Have been coming here for a while as an Irish fan to check in on Connolly. Have to say this is prob one of the best forums I’ve come across and actually have developed a bit of a soft spot for Brighton now!

This is my fist post and one comment I would have is that there does seem to a very negative reaction to Connolly in general for some reason? For example I watched the game today and thought he was quite impressive. Always a threat with his pace and more effective than Maupay. Then I come on here and it’s like he had a shocker! You will see comments like “he always balloons shots over the bar” even tho he had 2 shots and 1 on target. Granted the other one was wild but was a great exchange with maupay and maybe a bit greedy in the end but that’s what you want from a striker! Also think the way you play doesn’t help. At times you can get into great positions wide and then delay the delivery in to the box until the opposition has everyone back and fully set. If balls came in quicker he may be able to capitalise like against wolves.

Granted there is loads to improve on and he really needs to stay on his feet more but it does feel at times he gets a harder time compared to McAllister, Tau, Zequiri etc or am I imagining this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here