Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bare Bones

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I was wondering how many of our players were playing despite having knocks and niggles. And how many more are tired, leaving them more open to injury? Webster could easily be out for a game or two now, and others were running in treacle. Little chance to rest players and a difficult FA Cup tie coming up.

We have the best squad we've had possibly ever, but are we starting to get towards the bare bones? Could this derail our season if we get unlucky? Ot do we have enough in the squad to get through it?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was wondering how many of our players were playing despite having knocks and niggles. And how many more are tired, leaving them more open to injury? Webster could easily be out for a game or two now, and others were running in treacle. Little chance to rest players and a difficult FA Cup tie coming up.

We have the best squad we've had possibly ever, but are we starting to get towards the bare bones? Could this derail our season if we get unlucky? Ot do we have enough in the squad to get through it?

We may see several changes for the FA Cup game and a weeks rest could be ideal for many of our players

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think we have enough, hopefully Lamptey back soon. Others getting back to full fitness. Today we just look knackered after a run of big performances. UTA.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think we had 7 or 8 first team players out v Liverpool - similar today. Just shows how good the squad depth is, but I am worried about the fatigue of them at the moment...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Previously thought Potter would rest some players against Liverpool (happy he didnt) to go all in for Burnley and Leicester. Starting to think now that the cup will need to be "sacrificed", both to give some players a rest and to introduce Karbo / Moder (and perhaps some kiddo).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Injured - March (maybe season), Lamptey (couple of weeks), Webster (wait and see), propper/ Ali J (groins ? ), Andone.

Anyone else ?

Not sure it’s bare bones. Welbeck, Mac, Lallana and Veltman all back now. Even Izquierdo is back.

And the squad is big anyway. - 28/29 is large for EPL.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely fine with us rotating 8/9 players out for FA Cup, given current injury list and no doubt fatigue in squad from so many games in short space of time.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Injured - March (maybe season), Lamptey (couple of weeks), Webster (wait and see), propper/ Ali J (groins ? ), Andone.

Anyone else ?

Not sure it’s bare bones. Welbeck, Mac, Lallana and Veltman all back now. Even Izquierdo is back.

And the squad is big anyway. - 28/29 is large for EPL.

Would love to see izquierdo start on Wednesday along with the polish lads

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Fatigue is a worry, the midfield 5 especially have been working incredibly hard, I don't think they can be expected to do it twice a week for 3 consecutive weeks.

Reckon they all need a rest for the cup game.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
GP needs to put the U23s out in the cup. That would get my vote, but I'm old and sensible ???

I really don't want to see Dunk or Biss or Maupay out there again (or Veltman, White, Gross, BDB, Tross, etc etc )

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Players I would like to see not involved on Weds.
Sanchez
Webster
Dunk
BDB
White
Veltman
Gross
Mac
Biss
Maupay
Tross
Lallana
Welbeck
[13]

These boys need to put their feet up for a game - give the others a run and take the outcome on the chin [for the greater good]
Walton
RB
CB
CB
Karbo
Moder
Alzate
Izquirdo
Conolly
Tau
Zeqiri

Ought to be strong enough to not disgrace themselves ....

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
The schedule this season is causing the injuries to rack up at all clubs. Most managers were calling for the extra substitutions, certainly this would have allowed for greater protection of the players but also afforded the larger and better squads an advantage.

Good opportunity to see some of our JCLs

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Nine days between Sockboy Villa and Palace.

I'd like to take the Cup seriously on Wednesday as we are 10 points above the relegation zone.

:albion2:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The schedule this season is causing the injuries to rack up at all clubs. Most managers were calling for the extra substitutions, certainly this would have allowed for greater protection of the players but also afforded the larger and better squads an advantage.

Good opportunity to see some of our JCLs

Not really though. If you look at most clubs it's not that bad.

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Huge squads and loads and loads of youngsters at all clubs. I do think these days a niggle and they're injured. As the chosen one said to Son (when he had a little bruise on his shin from a tackle in training) a strain is an injury, but pain is what painkillers were invented for. In other words instead of being cosseted having no end of physio's and doctors looking at his little bruise while laying on a bed, get a frigging grip you tarts.

Makes me laugh when commentators say about a player who is "lucky" with injuries or another that's unlucky, missing games throughout the season. The lucky ones are your Dunk's of the world the unlucky are the Buckley's. It's down to mental strength and the willingness to overcome a bit of pain. Remember seeing Corrigan playing in goal for us with a dislocated shoulder. He continued as we didn't have sub keepers back then. These days they'd want the game stopped while a full team of surgeons assessed him.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I would be happy for our under23s to take on Leciester I can see them fielding a first team, February is a big month for the Albion's hopes of PL survival

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here