Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 11 Points Clear - WTF Happened?!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Blink and you'll miss it.
What a turnaround after a gloomy December.

Big praise to the Manager and squad, things seem to have clicked into gear for us, and long may it continue.

NSC has a long tradition of vote-rigging, stealing the result, dumping votes at midnight, deceased NSC'ers voting. Let's get to it once again folks.
A reminder to vote GP for Manager of the Month (voting closes Monday).
https://www.premierleague.com/news/2008336

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Vote anyone but GP we don’t want the curse of the Manager of the Month award. Pep is welcome to it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It’s strange. I feel a bit deflated and almost disappointed tonight.

Yet we have got 7 points in 7 days and picked up a really good point today. Shame Newcastle won but overall a good afternoon.

larus

Yet we have got 7 points in 7 days and picked up a really good point today. Shame Newcastle won but overall a good afternoon.

I feel the same. Almost feels like a loss today - I feel a bit deflated really.

However, lots of positives based on recent games. Only 2 league goals conceded since half time at Wolves.
Our 3 subs today :
Welbeck
Lallana
Trossard

That’s some quality to be able to bring on as subs.

Also, it was only a few games ago we could have gone below Fulham if that days results had gone wrong (from memory I think anyway).

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
WTF happened?

We won, they didn’t.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Feeling a lot more optimistic, and for the first time in ages, looking up the table to see who we can catch, rather than over the shoulder.

Going for a 0 - 1 to the Hammers.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
I feel the same. Almost feels like a loss today - I feel a bit deflated really.

However, lots of positives based on recent games. Only 2 league goals conceded since half time at Wolves.
Our 3 subs today :
Welbeck
Lallana
Trossard

That’s some quality to be able to bring on as subs.

Also, it was only a few games ago we could have gone below Fulham if that days results had gone wrong (from memory I think anyway).

It was a good point today, Burnley clearly had more energy then us 2nd half and we defended well apart from their goal

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's been extraordinary hasn't it? Mad times and a mad league in many ways. Look at how Southampton set off on fire and are now dropping like a stone.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its a strange game. Burnley caused more problems today than supposed elite teams in Spurs and Liverpool.

el punal

It was a good point today, Burnley clearly had more energy then us 2nd half and we defended well apart from their goal

I didn’t watch the game so I’m guessing here. Did the mental and physical pressure of playing Spurs and Liverpool (and winning!) affect us, especially in the second half? I anticipated it might so I was predicting a draw as per most of the matches against Burnley. I tell you what - I’m not complaining when our last 5 results have gone WDWWD. Compare that with Southampton who were 15 points ahead of us when that run started and the gap is now down to 4, their last 5 results LLLLL. :drink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn’t watch the game so I’m guessing here. Did the mental and physical pressure of playing Spurs and Liverpool (and winning!) affect us, especially in the second half? I anticipated it might so I was predicting a draw as per most of the matches against Burnley. I tell you what - I’m not complaining when our last 5 results have gone WDWWD. Compare that with Southampton who were 15 points ahead of us when that run started and the gap is now down to 4, their last 5 results LLLLL. :drink:

Ref condoned thuggery, we were lucky to get away with or point and only a couple of injuries. Thank feck Sanchez was in goal

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I don't mind Newcastle winning, tbh. Still below us, and Southampton are suddenly in really poor form - they're within our sights!

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
I don't mind Newcastle winning, tbh. Still below us, and Southampton are suddenly in really poor form - they're within our sights!

Wolves aren't doing much better...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

They’d be 3 points even more in our sights bar for that shite VAR decision at the Amex...

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
What happened is that Potter addressed the problem with shipping goals from set pieces by changing the keeper. We are still wayward in front of goal and the midfield is still superb. Three 1-0 wins would likely have been draws but for Potter making the decision on the keeper.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I didn’t watch the game so I’m guessing here. Did the mental and physical pressure of playing Spurs and Liverpool (and winning!) affect us, especially in the second half?

I think so, yes. We didn't play well, but that, our injuries, the way Burnley play, the conditions and the referee all contributed. I had a feeling we wouldn't play well after our successful exertions. We fought well to gain a possibly lucky point but deserve any luck we get after so little of it in earlier matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here