Votes: 18 14.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • Tie

Votes: 70 56.9%

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
After an impressive run of 4, maybe 5, games where Potter has outthought some of the best managers in the game, today he was up against the seasoned pro Dyche.

I think there is a fair argument to make that Dyche pipped this, effecting the game at half time, swinging the momentum his way with Potter perhaps too slow to react.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Not sure Dyche won this one. We were out on our feet second half and Potter was forced or opted into going 442 which stifled them.

Equals IMO as borne out by final score

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its a tie for me. Thought the first half was executed well tactically, but not keen on Potter's double change as I thought the problem was in midfield rather than up front.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I thought Dyche did a good job, picking that the best way to stop us is to keep the ball in the air and get behind our wingbacks and between the midfield and CBs. Potter responded by switching to a back 4 which negated them a bit.

Dyche shades it for me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Has to be a Tie. Potters subs did the trick in that it changed the way we played and took the sting out of the Burnley attack (quite literally after the attatcks on McAlister in particular) Before the Subs it was only going to finish as a Burnley win, but after we played football and Burnley weren't able to continue with the bludgeoning

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Burnley have not beaten us in four games under Potter (three draws) and have never gone ahead.

We did not beat them in six attempts under Hoo (four draws). The closest we came was the only match in which we were ahead for more than three minutes, when they scored that last-minute equaliser at the Theatre of Nightmares in 2016.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Its a tie for me. Thought the first half was executed well tactically, but not keen on Potter's double change as I thought the problem was in midfield rather than up front.

I thought the same when the subs came on. Perhaps Alzate and Lallana would have been better

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Giving this to Dyche as they exploited our weaknesses, especially second half

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Burnley have not beaten us in four games under Potter (three draws) and have never gone ahead.

We did not beat them in six attempts under Hoo (four draws). The closest we came was the only match in which we were ahead for more than three minutes, when they scored that last-minute equaliser at the Theatre of Nightmares in 2016.

reread your post, sorry

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton

I agree. We looked tired and overrun in midfield so a straight swap for strikers didn't really help.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I was going to vote tie on the basis that we bossed the first half and they bossed the second, except i then changed my mind and voted for Dyche. Not because I'm anti-potter or anything like that (I'm actually not), but because Dyche and his players reacted to our first half and then some, and then once they were on top we had no answers.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Draw, on and off the field.

We were better in the first half. Dyche turned it around in the second and they could have got away from us, but Potter's rejigging eventually calmed things down a bit and even they seemed to settle for the point in the end.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dyche.

Got his tactics spot on against us, although I think fatigue played its part in our performance.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
If we went with the better game plan and subsequently won the (whole) first half, and they (only) won the ‘majority’ of the second half by recognising their mistake in the first half and changing things up, only for us to hold them off anyway, then adapt to their changes, change things up further ourselves to stifle/cancel out their changes in order to win an AWAY point then I’m sorry, I think Potter shades it, and we were knackered, clearly. They were in the ascendancy for 2/3 of the second half only, we were in complete control of the 1st half, 3/3. We were therefore the more likely team to win for 83% of the match as a whole. (I think. Fractions are not my strong point.)

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think the Tottenham and Liverpool games had taken a lot out of us. Bissouma looked out on his feet and he wasn't the only one. Burnley clearly got a rocket at HT and tore into us. Fair play to them. Some of their one touch was excellent. We had to dig deep and hang on for 20-25 mins before we quietened things down again with our subs, particularly Lallana.
Burnley are a solid, well drilled unit. They are settled. A lot of players have been at Turf Moor some time. ( Barnes 7 years now! Mee 9 years Lowton 7 years Tarkowski 5 years Wood 4 years Pope 5 years Gudmonsson 5 years Westwood 4 years Cork 4 years )....six of the starting line-up...5 years at Burnley or more. They know exactly what Dyche expects and demands. He trusts his players and lets them sort a lot of stuff out themselves.
We were better first half. They bossed the second. Honours even. Good point. Move on.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Draw but Potter could have won.

I think Potter missed a trick by not using squad rotation more and ringing the changes, this was clear by the fact most players looked dead on their feet by the second half. I’d be shocked if there are not around 8 changes for the cup on Wednesday, the likes of Biss and Groß need a week’s prep for Villa.

Dyche got his tactics just right as we sat back and were unable to take advantage on the break of an advanced Burnley. They were very unlucky (as we have been so many times this season) not to score a second and third, they normally do when they have that amount of dominance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here