Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
I'm (very optimisticly, I know) hoping Izquierdo can start doing Solly's job. As well as his attacking ability, he also showed some defensive tenacity, getting stuck with some tackles, all those years ago when he last played.
I guess he'd be bound to get injured again before Solly is back though :facepalm:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Gutted for him (and us fans). He's been a shoe-in and guaranteed starter since starting as a wing back.

We're gonna miss him.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Time for someone to step up to the plate and keep the momentum going

Jimmy Grimble

Very sad.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ouch ouch OUCH!

Get better soon Solly, what a season he’s had.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
4-6 months means he misses the last third of this campaign, back for pre season. If that’s the case, I’m somewhat relieved. I thought it was certain to be his ACL and we wouldn’t see him until 2022. Wishing you a speedy recovery Solly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm 82,9% sure that: Dan Burn will start today and Karbo against Leicester. Going to be exciting to see Karbo... it would be very nice if it turns out he is up for the task. But we cant expect him to be Sollys level, unfortunately. Big loss.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Very bad news for Solly and the team.

Is it too late to recall Bernardo?

Sure is.

But Haydon Roberts maybe? I know he is a CB but he got very little chance of turning into a PL player (too short) unless he changes position.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Gutted for him. Was shaping up to be player of the season by miles. He’s been magnificent.

By miles? I think that is harsh on many of the other players who have been great Bissouma, White, Webster have hardly put a foot wrong. March would've been amoungst them for the award

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I suspect that Bissouma would have/will win player of the season anyway,
but Solly was my vote. Such an important player for us, First game of the season on the right and puts in a beauty of a *cross for the goal that beats the champions.

Some player.

He will be missed.

* just a reminder to all of our forgetful posters, who can't stop referring to Solly,. as a player who has no end product

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can't recall Haydon Roberts either. In fact, we can't recall anyone now.

Surely it was possible back in the days to recall EFL loans at any point in the season? But true it probably changed, cant recall it happening in recent years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here