Date: Saturday 6th February 2021
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Additional VAR: Neil Davies

TEAM NEWS

Burnley will assess the fitness of five players who all missed Wednesday's defeat by Manchester City.

Charlie Taylor and ex-Brighton striker Ashley Barnes were closest to being involved in midweek, with Robbie Brady, Chris Wood and Josh Brownhill the other players nursing injuries.

Brighton will be without Solly March.

Fitness tests will be given to Joel Veltman, who has been out with a muscle problem, and Alexis Mac Allister, who has had a glute issue.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Burnley have won just two of their past 10 home games against Brighton (D5, L3).
    [*=left]They have failed to score more than one goal in any of those 10 matches.
    [*=left]Seven of the 10 most recent league meetings have ended in a draw, including the reverse fixture in November.
Burnley

• [*=left]Burnley could suffer three consecutive league defeats for the first time since their opening three games of the season.
    [*=left]The Clarets have lost two of their past three matches at home without scoring.
    [*=left]They have scored only 13 league goals this season, fewer than any other side in Europe's top five leagues.
    [*=left]Burnley have failed to score in a league-high 12 games this season.
    [*=left]This is their 250th Premier League match (W72, D57, L120).
    [*=left]Chris Wood has scored eight league goals against Brighton, more than he has against any other side.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won three of their past four league games, as many as they had in their previous 23.
    [*=left]The Seagulls are aiming for a third league away win in a row.
    [*=left]Albion could set a club record-extending fifth consecutive top-flight clean sheet.
    [*=left]There have been just four goals in total in Brighton's last five league matches.
    [*=left]Brighton have conceded just 10 goals in 11 league games with Robert Sanchez in goal this season, compared to 19 in 11 with Mat Ryan in goal.

Graham Potter's Burnley Press Conference

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2013
Downunder
good morning sir ....hope you are well :thumbsup:

would be bloody great to take 3 points off this lot , history n all that .

I thought it was only us antipodeans up at this time :)

Mr [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] appears to be a very early riser, certainly on match days!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I thought it was only us antipodeans up at this time :)

Mr [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] appears to be a very early riser, certainly on match days!

Can't speak for the others but I am watching the cricket! Going rather well, by the way.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2018
Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Awaits most famous supporter

paging @%1;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Looking toward to this. When was the last time we had a relatively pressure-free game against a side in the bottom half?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Lock down eased now, so Mrs Oz and I are going to town for dinner, taking in a couple of Fringe Festival shows and staying in a hotel overnight with breakfast thrown in there for good measure, all whilst wearing masks !
On my return to the room I will see if they have any sports channels showing the game, if sober enough.
If not, then I will check in sometime tomorrow morning.
Leaving in 10mins so must dash, toodles.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Very tricky this one, a real danger of over confidence, Burnley are going to be a very different proposition to Liverpool, it is going to be a match of attrition rather than free flowing football. I think it is games like this that will show where the team is in terms of G.P.'s tactical nous and how the players react to tough, stubborn opponents. A win would be brilliant but a draw would not be a bad result, just don't lose!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Be handy if Barnes and Wood are both out. Really don't like Burnley, such a boring team, hope we are on form and score a hat full.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think this is the first time I've ever been excited about a game against Burnley. Usually they're something to be endured but I'm really looking forward to this.

Four clean sheets in a row and ten points in those four games up against the lowest scorers in the division. It all points to the inevitable...

A burnley win.:tantrum:

Nah, we're going to beat the buggers today!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I didn’t realise we have such a good record against them up there.
Only 2 defeats in 10 is impressive. I thought we usually struggle to get a draw.

Strange how the mind plays tricks on you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here