Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Does Our Anfield Triumph Top Greece and Denmark Winning the Euros?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The unfancied Danes and Greeks shocked and rocked the footballing world to its very foundations when they won the Euros in 1992 and 2004 respectively. Have we now gone one even step further with our 2021 away win at Anfield?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
The unfancied Danes and Greeks shocked and rocked the footballing world to its very foundations when they won the Euros in 1992 and 2004 respectively. Have we now gone one even step further with our 2021 away win at Anfield?

Nowhere near as big an upset as Denmark or Greece.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Footballing comparisons don't do it justice. This is man on the moon, atom splitting, Renaissance, Hannibal marching over the Alps level stuff.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It was 8 to 1 before kick off

It was a decent win. But hardly one to rock the world of sport

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No Liverpool were tired after playing exactly the same number of games as us recently and Spurs were sad. We got lucky against two teams on a bad day, obviously :rolleyes:

Not that impressive at all

I think Denmark played some nice stuff, Greece were very Hughtonesque though from memory

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I would say it is a greater achievement than Leicester winning the Premier League, and i don't think there are many, even Leicester fans, who would disagree. For one thing, they lost 3 games that season and we didn't even drop a point on Wednesday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Seem to recall Greece winning the Euros by scoring about three goals in the entire competition, all of them from corners. So yup, our triumph at Anfield is right up there with the very best of upsets :moo:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No. We drew with them, they were weakened and we’ve always done well.

Tactical masterclass by Potter, but when we matched up prior to the game I was confident of a point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The trouble with threads like this is that any Liverpool lurkers on here may think we think that beating them isn't all that, and we're simply taking the piss, when actually this really is the biggest thing in football since Adebayo Akinfenwa's arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here