Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many of our current players would genuinely get into a top six or top ten side?

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
I think there are quite a few who would do already and some who could do in the future

Top six ready now:
Dunk
Webster
White
Lamptey
Bissouma

Possibles:
Mac Allister
March
Sanchez

Top Ten players:
Trossard
Veltman
Gross

Far too early to tell but have hype around them:
Moder
Caicedo
Karbownik

That’s 14 players who are I believe potential top 6 or top 10 players without including the likes of Alazte, Khadra etc

Is a top ten finish therefore a realistic ambition with this amount of quality currently in the squad?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
11 players would make A top 10 but we are rattling around the bottom ? haha

I think Lamptey and Bissouma would

Then some of those you mentioned have potential to do that

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
As stated before top 6 and top 10 are quite different but the answer is at least six now, maybe eight on a good day. If you take Man U as an example I’d take most of our defenders over most of theirs any day!

May 5, 2020
Sussex
We are a top striker away from being a top 10 side.

Yes I may be getting ahead of myself.
I should say we are well on the way to becoming an established top 10 side.
But my thinking is even though our position is at the moment low in the table,the football we play and the results we are now getting has the hallmarks of a top ten side.
Imagine if someone watched the match last night with no knowledge of league positions,where would they guess we are in the league?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's a big difference between top and 10th., but going on a sort of average between the two, I'd say most, if not all of our defence, plus Bissouma and possibly (if not quitenow, but very soon) Mac Argie.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Right now:
Biss
Dunk
Webster

1 Season's time *(assuming steady progression)
Sanchez
MacAllister
White
Lamptey

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
11 players would make A top 10 but we are rattling around the bottom ? haha

I think Lamptey and Bissouma would

Then some of those you mentioned have potential to do that

We aren't really rattling around the bottom though are we?
Never been in the bottom 3 and 10 points clear of the drop zone.

You really don't think Webster or Dunk would improve Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea/United?
I disagree.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on current form of players and teams, think only Bissouma and Lampty are good enough for a top 6 team in the EPL. and Lampty couldnt get into Chelsea side so thats questionable. Dunk would improve any of them, but mainly because of a lack of defensive talent in the League. but most are far better than relegation contenders, why its been so frustrated with the performance upto January.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
on current form of players and teams, think only Bissouma and Lampty are good enough for a top 6 team in the EPL. and Lampty couldnt get into Chelsea side so thats questionable. Dunk would improve any of them, but mainly because of a lack of defensive talent in the League. but most are far better than relegation contenders, why its been so frustrated with the performance upto January.

Lamptey couldn't get in Chelsea or Liverpools side, sure, but he would find a home at Spurs, Arsenal or United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here