Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How does the team travel to and from away games?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
TBH, it's not something I normally think about, but, for some reason, colleagues at work today seem to be fascinated by the question of how the team got back from Liverpool yesterday. Some reckon they'd stay overnight in a hotel, then get a flight back mid morning. Others reckoned a flight straight back last night. Being a bit behind the times, I'd assumed a coach back, arriving in Sussex in the early hours. Anyone have any ideas?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
05367092000003E8-4926650-image-a-46_1506546622003.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
TBH, it's not something I normally think about, but, for some reason, colleagues at work today seem to be fascinated by the question of how the team got back from Liverpool yesterday. Some reckon they'd stay overnight in a hotel, then get a flight back mid morning. Others reckoned a flight straight back last night. Being a bit behind the times, I'd assumed a coach back, arriving in Sussex in the early hours. Anyone have any ideas?

Flew up and back yesterday from what I've seen posted elsewhere...would possibly normally stay overnight but with so many games chunked together needed to get back for recovery day today. Anywhere reasonably North they'll fly for sure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They fly.

In normal times they use the private terminal at LGW so they’re on and off the plane in almost no time at all.

This means, coming back from a game, they’ll be in their cars just a few minutes after landing and home shortly thereafter, enabling maximum possible rest/sleep.

I assume this is still what they’re doing this season.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
ENZ334 left Liverpool John Lennon at 12:06 am landing at Gatwick 40 minutes later.
Seagull Travel, this has to be the way forwards rather than getting back at 5 am.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Think staying overnight is unusual in England? Its the standard in Italy, much to the dismay of plenty of star players through the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here