Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Klopp

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, I wasn't expecting that to be honest. Always nice to see successful people proving to be decent human beings.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I have to admit to a bit of a liking for Klopp. He seems humble and eloquent. Certainly a much nicer bloke than that grumpy one at Spurs.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There was nothing else he could say last night, they were outplayed.

But usually he is one of the very worst losers in football. At least the likes of Mourinho and Conte are twats all of the time and don't try and hide it. And Pep (who I love) is slightly unhinged so you never quite know what you're going to get. But Klopp likes to come across as this likeable, cuddly, cool guy but when he loses he totally changes and can be vile.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gracious last night but didn't he go on a massive rant and get into an argument with the interviewer after the 1-1 draw at The Amex?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

But usually he is one of the very worst losers in football. At least the likes of Mourinho and Conte are twats all of the time and don't try and hide it. And Pep (who I love) is slightly unhinged so you never quite know what you're going to get. But Klopp likes to come across as this likeable, cuddly, cool guy but when he loses he totally changes and can be vile.

He's not the only one who has a hissy fit after a bad result, its called competitiveness.

He's my favourite manager for his football abilities, humility, charisma and sense of humour. the fact he shows those 'normal' trates highlights that at the end of the day Its just a game of football.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Both Klopp and Guardiola rave about Potters abilities. That's the Brighton Manager. WTF?

What a time to be a Brighton fan. Unreal.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Klopp had to gracious because his side was outplayed and there was no hiding from it - but don't be fooled by his smiles and kind words in front of the press.

He is one of the biggest cry babies in football when he loses, blaming officials, injuries, fixture congestion, the wind or the length of a blade of grass.

One thing I can't stand about Klopp is the way he speaks to officials. He gives them a torrent of abuse but he does it with a smile, so the average joe watching just thinks he's friendly old Klopp. Look out for it in Liverpool's next game and you'll know what I mean. He's the fakest manager in the league.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Klopp had to gracious because his side was outplayed and there was no hiding from it - but don't be fooled by his smiles and kind words in front of the press.

He is one of the biggest cry babies in football when he loses, blaming officials, injuries, fixture congestion, the wind or the length of a blade of grass.

One thing I can't stand about Klopp is the way he speaks to officials. He gives them a torrent of abuse but he does it with a smile, so the average joe watching just thinks he's friendly old Klopp. Look out for it in Liverpool's next game and you'll know what I mean. He's the fakest manager in the league.
Two words " Alex Ferguson "....

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Seriously? Klopp? The guy's practically schizophrenic - one minute all smiles and nicey nicey, the next an unhinged raving loon.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

That's honestly what I was expecting last night in his interview, but fair play to him, he was (quite rightly) full of praise for GPott and the team. We're used to that when Liverpool have spanked us off the park, but to keep on message after a defeat? Fair play to him.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Most winners are very bad losers, because they do not accept defeat and will blame everything and everyone except themselves.
Golfers are masters of it, the caddy, the course, the crowd etc.
What I hate is when they say we gave them this and they were lucky or it should never have happened.
Klopp had to come up with reasons and that was too many away games in a short space of time leading to tiredness and a jaded performance, I don't think he made injuries an excuse.
But he did say that on the night we was the better team and that we played really well, so credit him for that, not many do.
The pressure on the manager of the top clubs is huge from owners, fans and media.
If we beat Burnley or if it was West Brom there will be no compliments whatsoever.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Both Klopp and Guardiola rave about Potters abilities. That's the Brighton Manager. WTF?

What a time to be a Brighton fan. Unreal.

i must admit i have been thinking the same since tottering ham .....last night was just fluffy , unbelievable .....trouble is we've been under hard lock down here since 6 pm saturday night so i can't rub it in to any of my yid/red mates ........i'll happily take another week locked down for another 6 points.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I’ve never felt this. He has his moments like many managers do, but you seem to be focusing on these moments and ignoring his many more positive traits. I’ve read some articles from the staff at Liverpool, not the playing staff but the regular staff, and they say he’s a nice approachable and friendly person.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I’ve never felt this. He has his moments like many managers do, but you seem to be focusing on these moments and ignoring his many more positive traits. I’ve read some articles from the staff at Liverpool, not the playing staff but the regular staff, and they say he’s a nice approachable and friendly person.

So was Harold Shipman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here