Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shot Count - Nice Little Stat

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Having watched a couple of Scousers on Youtube try to equate our performance tonight with that of Burnley's recent win at Anfield, I looked at the shot count and noted that we had more shots than Liverpool did this evening. Imagining that this doesn't happen to them that often, I looked up the shot counts in Liverpool's other league games this season.

In the 22 league games that they have played, they have failed to take more shots than their opponent on only three occasions: Tonight against us, when Villa stuffed them 7-2 in October and against us again in the draw at the Amex.

Isn't it nice when bravery starts to get it's reward. So pleased for Tony Bloom, who believed that an underdog could compete in this league whilst maintaining a playing identity and has been willing to use his own money to try to prove himself right. Of course we're by no means there yet, and following tonight's high, there will surely be more crushing disappointments to come, but what a once in a lifetime ride us fans are being treated to.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Having watched a couple of Scousers on Youtube try to equate our performance tonight with that of Burnley's recent win at Anfield, I looked at the shot count and noted that we had more shots than Liverpool did this evening. Imagining that this doesn't happen to them that often, I looked up the shot counts in Liverpool's other league games this season.

In the 22 league games that they have played, they have failed to take more shots than their opponent on only three occasions: Tonight against us, when Villa stuffed them 7-2 in October and against us again in the draw at the Amex.

Isn't it nice when bravery starts to get it's reward. So pleased for Tony Bloom, who believed that an underdog could compete in this league whilst maintaining a playing identity and has been willing to use his own money to try to prove himself right. Of course we're by no means there yet, and following tonight's high, there will surely be more crushing disappointments to come, but what a once in a lifetime ride us fans are being treated to.

spot on :cool: cool stat :bowdown: dead chuffed for bloomy :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Love that Stat Statto

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Love that stat, says everything...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here