Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wonder how many 'Potter outs' voted for brexit. A correlation analysis is required.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I was Potter out and firmly remain. Really not sure what your point is other than to prove that you’re an attention seeker?

I voted for Brexit, and have always been Potter IN.

Imagine being this bitter about Brexit you have a pop on the night we beat the champions at Anfield. End the thread.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well. I was always remain and always Potter in.

But I think this is a stupid thread

It's night to enjoy being an Albion fan, not a to gloat towards a section of the fan base.

You're not helping OP. Stop being a t***

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I voted for Brexit, and have always been Potter IN.

Imagine being this bitter about Brexit you have a pop on the night we beat the champions at Anfield. End the thread.

This. I actually think it's an interesting question (the same as the relationship between Covid deniers and Brexit voters) but the morning after a win at Anfield is really not the time to be raising it

(for the record, I voted for Brexit and was always Potter In)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I love this thread. Mind you, I am in a good mood today.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
The first time we've won at Anfield for 37 years and someone has to try and shoehorn a Brexit angle into it? Let's just be happy and celebrate FFS.

If this has turned into a Brexit ****fest by the morning it's going in the bin.

The accusation of shoe-horning (attempted or otherwise) is unfair as correlation is not a synonym for causation. I find the implicit accusation that I'm being didactic to be a rather large leap of logic on your part.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Indeed. Last year someone (I think it was London Irish) floated the view that perhaps all the people opposed to VAR had voted Brexit. That was bollocks as well. I'm sure there will be a thread along soon wondering what the correlation is between people refusing Covid vaccines and voting Potter Out.

I agree with you that the VAR comparison is daft. I'm not being didactic about the 'potter out' comparison issue or trolling the snowflakes moaning in this thread about my initial post's existence, it was just a point to debate. I didn't expect universal approval of it being raised.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If ever there was a thread to unite both leavers and remainers in singular opinion...:lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I agree with you that the VAR comparison is daft. I'm not being didactic about the 'potter out' comparison issue or trolling the snowflakes moaning in this thread about my initial post's existence, it was just a point to debate. I didn't expect universal approval of it being raised.

If you had made some kind of comparison between the Brexit poll and the Potter in/out polls, it perhaps would have been slightly interesting and creating some kind of discussion about... I dunno, personalities or class or something. Instead you just start a thread and make an assumption (that you dont even bother to argue for). :shrug:

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
I was Potter out and firmly remain. Really not sure what your point is other than to prove that you’re an attention seeker?

The existence of remainer 'Potter outs' does not falsify my hypothesis. Read a basic overview of descriptive statistics.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
If you had made some kind of comparison between the Brexit poll and the Potter in/out polls, it perhaps would have been slightly interesting and creating some kind of discussion about... I dunno, personalities or class or something. Instead you just start a thread and make an assumption (that you dont even bother to argue for). :shrug:

If you want to develop the argument in that manner then feel free, I just created an initial framework for discussion, I don't claim that it is any more than that. Again, I am not being didactic here.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Dull
Just be happy we won at Anfield and are pushing for Europe
How would that render my comment any less relevant? The point involved a comparison of 2 things, 1 of which is directly related to the recent run of form, the fact that the other thing does not would not mean the entire premise isn't a valid point to explore, to any reasonable person. Of course, how dull it may be is an entirely different issue, which obviously applies to any post ever made.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The accusation of shoe-horning (attempted or otherwise) is unfair as correlation is not a synonym for causation. I find the implicit accusation that I'm being didactic to be a rather large leap of logic on your part.

Your protestations of innocence would be more credible if your Twitter handle strapline didn’t have the hashtag ‘FBPE’ in it.

Hence the decision to move this didactic thread posted by a disingenuous OP to the bear pit.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
What's a quant? I've heard of Mary Quant but I don't think that's relevant.

Quantative data analysis (as opposed to qualitative data analysis). One could do some qualitative analysis as well, if one were so inclined. Quant is stats, qualitative is surveys which may or may not use open-ended questions.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Your protestations of innocence would be more credible if your Twitter handle strapline didn’t have the hashtag ‘FBPE’ in it.

Hence the decision to move this didactic thread posted by a disingenuous OP to the bear pit.
How have i been 'disingenuous', my twitter account is publicly available, if anybody could be bothered to look at it (I find it quite surprising that anyone would tbh) .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here