Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kevin Friend - great ref

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
15 games 7 wins 2 draws 6 losses... good ref for Brighton!

(generally think he is shit tbh and way too keen to blow the whistle. Also looks too much like John Terry.)

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
15 games 7 wins 2 draws 6 losses... good ref for Brighton!

(generally think he is shit tbh and way too keen to blow the whistle. Also looks too much like John Terry.)

3 away wins in a row, I'll take that ! King Power next please.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
When the clock was on 94 mins and it went out for a Liverpool corner, I was convinced he was going to let them take it and they would score.

Well done Mr Friend for not doing that and blowing he whistle, adhering to the correct amount of time added on.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
When the clock was on 94 mins and it went out for a Liverpool corner, I was convinced he was going to let them take it and they would score.

Well done Mr Friend for not doing that and blowing he whistle, adhering to the correct amount of time added on.

Exactly

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So was I, as the ball was crossing the line I was thinking I bet their keeper comes up heads it in, was amazed when he blew the whistle

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Excellent, to be fair.

Gave a few that were quite soft, but gave them very consistently and evenly, which is all you can ask..

He has a (well deserved) reputation as being biased towards the home side / big club. Perhaps with no fans on his back in the ground, he’s been able to think more clearly, without outside pressure.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not a good ref but often not good in our favour. That Jose penalty for example. Easy game to ref last night although letting 2 balls on the pitch go is poor. Someone scored from that the other day. (City?)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Shyster given Chelsea v Watford. Boooooooo. Should have been Brentford Leeds as a retirement present.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Kevin Friend got very friendly with a friend of mine.
Every time I see him ref I think “I can’t believe you got to **** ******”

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Kevin Friend got very friendly with a friend of mine.
Every time I see him ref I think “I can’t believe you got to **** ******”

Male or female ? Oops sorry.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s so often arrogantly wrong.

But, I thought overall he had a good game today. There were two or three hard but fair Albion tackles, from memory Caicedo’s the first, where West Ham players tried to deceive him with a scream and faux career-ending injuries. Definitely looking for Albion red cards.

Yet Friend simply gave a free-kick and no card, or just a throw in.

So effective, they stopped cheating. There’s a lesson there on officiating.

On their KUMB forum, they thought we should’ve had at least one red :wanker:’s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here