Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we still worrying about WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham's results?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I think I would be a lot more concerned if I was a Newcastle fan as they appear to be in free fall and one club always seems to be heading the wrong way these last few of months of the season.

I have a sneaky suspicion that not massive Sheffield will climb their way out of this.

I am not really worried about those below us, but it will be interesting if our current form continues where we will end up. I would really like us to be a club like Everton who are there or there abouts most seasons rather than a West Ham who seem to be a sea saw team who can be down the bottom or up the top with no real reason either way. Villa is really the surprise package!

Toon have started to pick up performances a little bit - i just cant see beyond bottom 3 tbh - out of those 3 teams Blades probably the most likely but its a huge ask

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’d take a point against Burnley right now.
Me too.

I have no idea how Potter will be able to bring the team back down to Earth and focused for the tough game at Burnley :shrug:

We need to roll our sleeves up for this one again.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No. I was never worried anyway, we were always too good to go down. I do very much enjoy Allardyce losing every game though and ideally I would like Fulham and Sheffield United to stay up in place of Burnley or Newcastle but unfortunately that won't happen.

Definitely more interested in finishing above Palace, Southampton, Wolves, Newcastle, Burnley, Leeds and Villa. We're better than all of them.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Yes. Desperately do not want to have to think about relegation but we are still nearer to 20 than 30 points. Playing well but have some excellent footballers injured. Playing great though.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Me too.

I have no idea how Potter will be able to bring the team back down to Earth and focused for the tough game at Burnley :shrug:

We need to roll our sleeves up for this one again.

Burnley beat Liverpool and then went on to beat Villa so maybe..........
Personally I go for points per game, at the mo we have 2 in hand as recent seasons have shown 1 per game has been enough to be safe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ha yeh, I bet their forums are fun this morning. I might register and introduce myself.

After our result, I went to their forums before this one. :lolol:

They're both suicidal, unlike Sheff Utd's which had been buoyant until we won and is now a little more pragmatic and are talking about overtaking Newcastle instead.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Its not impossible (but maybe unlikely) for one of those three teams to go on a run and get out of it - Like Leicester did before their title season. We definitely need to keep a couple of other teams below us too.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The thing is that 14 points after 22 games can't really be extrapolated as 36 points after 38 games.....it ain't going to happen... the bottom three are doomed Captain Mannering!
Would love 'The SLCC' and Scummers to be there too but it ain't going to happen...next season however......:)
TNBA
TTF

Looking at the theoretical 'fixture difficulty matrix' (based on bookies odds), it seems that we've got an 'easier' remaining set than the bottom three, except perhaps Sheff Utd.

Someone should have a look and provide some commentary on those above us. For example, Leeds have quite a few home matches left against the top 6. Which given their newly laid ice rink pitch, should be interesting. A few more 5-3 pinball match defeats could be on the cards.

fixtures.png

I'm not sure what we can glean from this.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looking at the theoretical 'fixture difficulty matrix' (based on bookies odds), it seems that we've got an 'easier' remaining set than the bottom three, except perhaps Sheff Utd.

Someone should have a look and provide some commentary on those above us. For example, Leeds have quite a few home matches left against the top 6. Which given their newly laid ice rink pitch, should be interesting. A few more 5-3 pinball match defeats could be on the cards.

View attachment 133414
I'm not sure what we can glean from this.

Problem is that is before the season kicks off, what looks a difficult fixture then, halfway through the season could be the opposite, and vice versa, especially 7th through to 18th

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
^^ That hurts my eyes.

Its the bottom 3, I think this seasons last 5/6 games are going to be kick arounds with the Title being sewn up and relegation sorted...a bit of a damp squib season.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
^^ That hurts my eyes.

Its the bottom 3, I think this seasons last 5/6 games are going to be kick arounds with the Title being sewn up and relegation sorted...a bit of a damp squib season.

which will be perfect for us, great chance to blood our new players who are coming through

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Without our recent surge in form and gaining ten points out of four games (I bet most would have thought only three) we’d be in a right pickle....shows how things can change

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here