Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we still worrying about WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham's results?

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Yes I am a bit but not so anxiously now, at least we can enjoy playing games now the pressure's off a little. Funny things can happen in those last 10 games though, so let's see where we are going into that run.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The bottom three are utter shite.

Fulham can either defend, or attack but not both in the same game.
West Brom have actually got worse under Allardyce and have just played both the other two teams in the bottom three and got one point. You cannot stay up after that.
Sheffield United are just so far behind it cannot be turned around. Even though they are playing better now. Might make it to 18th.

Someone will have to implode spectacularly to give any of them a sniff. To put it into perspective Sheffield United would need 23 points from 16 games just to get to 34 points. It's just not going to happen.

Worth noting that Fulham and Burnley still play each other twice. 2 wins for Fulham and they have that sniff of survival.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure if it’s been said but Fulham’s next run of games are make or break for me ; West Ham, Everton, Sheff U, Palace

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Moving on up

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hate to say it but I think the wankpuffins are nearly safe already on 29 points. The cut off this season might even be in the low 30s.

I hope we don't need to rely on the 'teams we...' thread because we continue to play well and get the points we deserve from games.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
When i got up this morning and looked at the table for the first time this season i looked upwards and thought "we can catch them", instead of thinking "shit that doesn't look good".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think I would be a lot more concerned if I was a Newcastle fan as they appear to be in free fall and one club always seems to be heading the wrong way these last few of months of the season.

I have a sneaky suspicion that not massive Sheffield will climb their way out of this.

I am not really worried about those below us, but it will be interesting if our current form continues where we will end up. I would really like us to be a club like Everton who are there or there abouts most seasons rather than a West Ham who seem to be a sea saw team who can be down the bottom or up the top with no real reason either way. Villa is really the surprise package!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When i got up this morning and looked at the table for the first time this season i looked upwards and thought "we can catch them", instead of thinking "shit that doesn't look good".

And then you thought “but feck it we have no chance with this out of his depth clown in charge”?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I will be looking down until I see the thread of “teams that can’t catch us” has three teams in it :down:

I have followed Albion for too long to get complacent.

Indeed. Burnley is a banana skin waiting to happen.

And Saints recently beat Liverpool at St Mary’s.....

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Indeed. Burnley is a banana skin waiting to happen.

And Saints recently beat Liverpool at St Mary’s.....

It is our form aganst our fellow strugglers that concerns me - a point at Turf Moor will make me feel a bit more relaxed about it all.

A superb performance and result last night, but I just hope we show up in the games against the "lesser"sides.

Yes, I will be watching the Shef Utd, Fulham, WBA, Burnley and Newcastle scores until we are mathematically safe.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Think last night means my answer is now no. Not that I am complacent but we need a point a game to get to 40 points. If we are relying on the bottom 3 to keep losing then we have had a mare. Will be nice if they carry on losing but unless we have a bad run and get sucked back in, I will be happy to just let other results play out.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Think Sheff Utd could rally and get close .

Still will be hoping they all lose.

WBA and Fulham forums indicate they have thrown in the towel

Turn the screw and win at Burnley

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are you saying only Liverpool and up in the table (40 points, 4th place) should be looking up and West Ham and below need to focus on safety?

The season we were promoted I noted the point at which we were mathematically not going to be relegated. Safety first.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Think Sheff Utd could rally and get close .

Still will be hoping they all lose.

WBA and Fulham forums indicate they have thrown in the towel

Turn the screw and win at Burnley

ha yeh, I bet their forums are fun this morning. I might register and introduce myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here