Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we still worrying about WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham's results?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Because i'm looking up the table and I can see 3 sides on 29, (5 points ahead of us) that i'd really like to finish above.

Leeds, Palace and Southampton.

Can't stand any of them. Love to finish above them

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Because i'm looking up the table and I can see 3 sides on 29, (5 points ahead of us) that i'd really like to finish above.

Yup - should look upwards. The two wins I would cherish more then any other would be Saints and Leicester, never having beaten either in PL. And then there's City of course...

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Until we're mathematically safe, yes. Yes I am. It'd be imprudent not to do so. Safety first, then look up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be looking down until I see the thread of “teams that can’t catch us” has three teams in it :down:

I have followed Albion for too long to get complacent.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We are miles better than the bottom three, so I'm with the OP. Would love to finish above all three, and get to the cup final again.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We always seem to get in good positions and let it slip a bit so yes. I still care as want that dinosaur at WBA to go down.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I’m with you.. but, as the gaffer would say, it’s important to have humility.

Let’s not get cocky because this league can turn things round in a few games. We will stay humble and focus game to game.

But, there is no reason why we can’t charge up this table. 4 consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League is sensational and no fluke.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The bottom three are utter shite.

Fulham can either defend, or attack but not both in the same game.
West Brom have actually got worse under Allardyce and have just played both the other two teams in the bottom three and got one point. You cannot stay up after that.
Sheffield United are just so far behind it cannot be turned around. Even though they are playing better now. Might make it to 18th.

Someone will have to implode spectacularly to give any of them a sniff. To put it into perspective Sheffield United would need 23 points from 16 games just to get to 34 points. It's just not going to happen.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It should be noted that we are closer in points to Spurs in 7th than Fulham in 18th, but I’ll keep checking those below us at least until we have 40 points.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Yes. Though I'm hoping for a tipping point in the future where I want one of them to have an amazing run of results leading to the unexpected relegation of Palace, Southampton, Burnley or Newcastle (in order of preference)

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I'm more worried about #TeamsLikeBurnley slowing our momentum. They are no pushover.

But I really like that we seem to have a swagger / confidence right now. It feels like the players are bored of winning the xG and truly believe they can beat anyone now and take the 3 points.

Sanchez and Mac Allister I believe have been catalysts / instrumental in injecting that spark. LOVE IT.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Not particularly. Normally 38 points is considered the minimum benchmark for absolute safety. I don't think that will be anywhere near needed this season given the state of the bottom three atm.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yup - should look upwards. The two wins I would cherish more then any other would be Saints and Leicester, never having beaten either in PL. And then there's City of course...

Did we not beat Leicester in the first season when Maddison got sent off for diving?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Would probably enjoy finishing above Leeds more than any of them. Bring it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Keep going and keep an eye - as football does funny things and one of the bottom 3 could go on a run... BUT I feel the league form has meant the Leicester game has to be first team and try all we can to get through in the cup...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here