Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An olive branch to the Potter outs tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
A few of us have kept the faith for a long time. At one point in December NSC was a lonely place for those of us who believed in Graham Potter. Match day threads were abusive. One guy stalked me accusing me of being ‘Swansman’ because there were so few Potter defenders (!)

Some of us always kept the faith. The long term trend improvements were always there in my eyes. Style of play, tactical finesse, eye for a player, good coaching. And a real swagger about the way we played football. Every game umpteen chances. Dominating possession. Incredible to see the way we transformed. We just weren’t getting the breaks.
Others just looked at short term results.

I think the Potter in crowd has been the majority since then.

To the Outters. Come on. Let’s stand down. You can admit you got it wrong... Tonight I extend a hand of friendship. We’re all fans of the club, let’s unite as a fan base again and move forward together.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agree with that.

Anyone who's been Potter in, resist the temptation to crow.

We all support the same team.

The issue has clearly been decided. GP isn't going to be sacked any time remotely soon.

Here's a chance for us to stop having ****ing stupid polls all the time, to stop being tribes within a tribe, stop all the Peoples front of Judea / Judean people front stuff

There's been stupid stuff said on both sides.

No apologies needed. No need to post here what you said or what someone else said a month ago. That's gone now

But lets stop going on about it and lets stop defining ourselves as Potter in or potter out Brighton fans

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Agree with that.

We all support the same team.

The issue has clearly been decided. GP isn't going to be sacked any time remotely soon.

Here's a chance for us to stop having ****ing stupid polls all the time, to stop being tribes within a tribe, stop all the Peoples front of Judea / Judean people front stuff

There's been stupid stuff said on both sides.

No apologies needed. No need to post here what you said or what someone else said a month ago. That's gone now

But lets stop going on about it and lets stop defining ourselves as Potter in or potter out Brighton fans

Well said.

As someone who did sadly vote out, for what I thought were justifiable concerns, I’m delighted it is coming good, as I always hoped it would but feared it would not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fair play Vags, so here comes my apology. Well i got it wrong, my jury’s been out on Potter since he arrived and swinging if not swung entirely into the out camp in recent months. Nope, he’s proved himself and plenty of us like me wrong. Congrats GP, not since Mr Benn closed his shop has putting on a different coat caused such a transformation. I’ve been waiting 4 seasons for a big big shock away win like this. (Arsenal was good, but they were and still are a bit of a mess fall from Grace type story) Not tonight, that was superb and no fluke/after a run of similar results.

Beating the champs of the world on their turf makes us the greatest team in the galaxy tonight. We’re even bigger than Leeds by my calculations. And possible Massive Wednesday too - aren’t we?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I voted out. We weren't winning games, I always maintained that was my reason for it. I stand by my reasoning at the time. Now we're winning games, I'm absolutely delighted to have been proved wrong.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Well said.

As someone who did sadly vote out, for what I thought were justifiable concerns, I’m delighted it is coming good, as I always hoped it would but feared it would not.

Just thank our lucky stars your only impact is an Internet forum and you’re no where near running a football club!!

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
The big decision he made, much as I hate to say it was dropping Maty. Since Sanchez came in as a solid base, everything is falling into place. Clean sheets are so important when you score so few. Big call by Potter and vindicated.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

Hard not to. I stopped visiting NSC because I was getting so infuriated with the inability of the out crowd to separate results from performance. And let's face it we could easily have had a different result with Sanchez getting very lucky late in the second half, but you see this is what the outs don't get, luck or rather the lack of it has played a big part in our "poor performances" along with actual poor finishing that Potter can hardly be blamed for (his job is to set the team up so they can do their job, which he has clearly done) So no, I am not prepared to offer an olive branch. Rather I will ask that these people settle down, stop throwing peanuts and evaluate what is actually happening on the pitch rather than using the points position to exclaim that we were better off under CH, no we weren't.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Well done Graham.

I was out but am very happy to admit being wrong.

Seeing us teeming into the box and then sprinting back to recover was what I've been waiting for.

I didn't think it would come but his patience has been rewarded.

The future looks very bright.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Meh , I’ve no time for the Potter out clowns

Reactionaries who have no clue how football really works

**** them , they don’t deserve airtime

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’ve never really been one to get into any manager out camps apart from Hyypia, but I’d started eyeing the fence and thinking about climbing onto it before Christmas.

Well done GP for the marvellous run of results. I kept hoping they were coming but had started to lose the faith. Fully back on side now and looking forward to seeing if we can continue this improvement.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No, don't agree, they can come on here seeking forgiveness all they like but it's not deserved and they simply have to wallow in our pity for eternity, knowing that they will never feel as much a part of this success as those of us who were behind Potter all the way and can now reap the rewards of our faith and loyalty whereas they merely seek to avoid retribution.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've been Potter in, just, throughout but why have things now changed? We know what has changed, pace of play, closing opposition down, not conceding, but why was this not being done for the last 2 months? October /November although we were losing /drawing we looked great just couldn't score. December January we were awful, conceding and not scoring. So why have things changed?
Anything to do with not changing the line up for 3 games in a row? Something that a lot of people were pointing to. Yes, I know tonight's was changed but that was forced, many other games were not forced.
Anyway, I'm glad we're all happy again. [emoji3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here