Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Clean sheets - 4 1/2 games since we conceded.

larus

I’m ignoring the FA cup.

Three 1-0 wins and a 0-0.

A lot of this is down to Sanchez. I think he’s given more confidence to the defence, and that clearly shows.

Great take for him on the last Liverpool corner too. Came out which Ryan never did.

Next few games and we could pick up more points and start to climb higher. What a great f***ing night.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m ignoring the FA cup.

Three 1-0 wins and a 0-0.

A lot of this is down to Sanchez. I think he’s given more confidence to the defence, and that clearly shows.

Great take for him on the last Liverpool corner too. Came out which Ryan never did.

Next few games and we could pick up more points and start to climb higher. What a great f***ing night.

Or one goal in five and a half games...that second half against Wolves was a turning point (imho) not necessarily for the defence but the team

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
"The Blue Wall".

The pressing and organisation is amazing to watch. Everyone knows their role. Great to see Webster barking orders at the end, Cullip-style.

Great turnaround since we last played Liverpool, back at the end of November:

Games vs. Southampton, Leicester, Fulham, Sheff Utd, West Ham, Arsenal, Wolves = 10 goals conceded

Games vs. Man City, Leeds, Fulham, Tottenham, Liverpool = 1 goal conceded

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Three English centre backs and when back fit two quality wing backs great at going forward...there you go half the England team...get a few more clean sheets in a row and you never know. Oh and BDB can be on the bench.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
To keep clean sheets against Spurs, Liverpool and Leeds is incredible really.
Such a turn around and shows how important defence is. Nobody moaning about missed chances now...

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
A lot of this is down to Sanchez. I think he’s given more confidence to the defence, and that clearly shows

This. To my mind, GP has redeemed many times over some of the bafflement caused by his selections and tinkering by taking this brave decision. So interesting to hear Murray say he believes this boy will play for Spain.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In terms of points, we're now closer to Spurs in 7th than we are to Fulham in 18th

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is clearly a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes. The whole squad seems to understand the game plan.

Perversely, we may have a problem when Lamptey comes back because the defensive improvement has coincided with his absence. Veltman and White don't get as far forward so there's rarely space in behind.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There is clearly a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes. The whole squad seems to understand the game plan.

Perversely, we may have a problem when Lamptey comes back because the defensive improvement has coincided with his absence. Veltman and White don't get as far forward so there's rarely space in behind.

Good point around Lamptey. Wonder if we might see him play a little further forward. Could see him as a Bale type player with his speed and ability on the ball

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly why I was a tad annoyed by comparing our performance to Burnley’s

YES!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING LIKE BURNLEYS WIN

At least they said it several times on MOTD - we had a higher XG goals thingy than them and they barely had a shot on target - it was perfect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here