Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest Win Ever in 30 years watching the Albion

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No doubt about it. Yes I don’t mean Hereford levels I mean in terms of the magnitude of beating 11 other players. Lost for the first time in 60 odd at home the other day no?!

And to do it playing by proper passing football mixed in with the organisation of our defending. Unreal.

The emotion with this one is very, very special...

Buzzing!!!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A special night one of the biggest wins in our history

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Imagine what the score could have been if we had our full strength team out there tonight..

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I watched most of that game with a grin on my face, not the usual knotted stomach and angst.
Comfortable in the knowledge that this is the best side I’ve watched in almost 50 years watching the Albion. Even if they equalised late on, it didn’t matter.
We’ve come such a long way, let’s just enjoy it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Doesn’t get much better than this. Beating Spurs and Liverpool in a week. Thoroughly deserved for Graham Potter.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
And like you say [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] it's nice to win by playing football, not by a flukey VAR decision or the like.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
For beating the defending champions on their own patch, and never seriously looking troubled either - then yes.

Sure, there have been more important wins, and ones where we have bridged a bigger gap, but tonight's is a truly outstanding result.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I don't really care about beating liverpool 1 nil. It happens (a fair amount this season). But the big thing is back to back wins against top 6 teams

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This week we have beaten the two teams who were in the champions league final 20 months ago

Can we claim therefore that we are the champions of Europe? I understand you can actually do this without actually winning the cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The greatest league result in the history of the club

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
One of the big ones no doubt.
If only 50,000 scousers/tourists had been in the stadium to witness it.........scenes :tantrum:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
One of the big ones no doubt.
If only 50,000 scousers had been in the stadium to witness it.........scenes :tantrum:

To be honest, they're quite a knowledgeable bunch. They would have clapped us at the end. Then they would have ripped their team a new one on social media

To restrict the champions to so little on their own patch keeping a clean sheet and winning is as good a result ever!. Burnley won their last week via a pen and defended for their lives. We, still tried to attack them as well as defend with big Bob only being tested twice. Had more shots on goal than liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here