Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Guitar players on here - positive grid spark practice amp

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Any guitar players on here got one of these? An awful lot of hype out there including paid You Tube reviews but would welcome some more honest opinions.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Lots of hype as you say. The main benefit is the way it which it leverages the software and therefore how customisable it is.
Personally, I think it's early days for smart-amps so I'll sit it out for the next 12 months or so until I can play one myself. I've been using Irig2 and Tonebridge to do similar soft effects stuff and that has me satisfied for now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am afraid I am not a banjoist, but know a few who are and apparently this is all you need

5e583c14a66439fdbec8267c_amp-lightning-01.jpeg

It's very heavy. Hope this helps

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes is the answer.

Seems a lot cheaper than buying an LAG smart acoustic guitar anyway. I wonder if he's playing a plugged in electro-acoustic on that demo, or whether it is solely unplugged and acoustic. Sounds interesting, to say the least.

Edit: just spotted the lead!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Any guitar players on here got one of these? An awful lot of hype out there including paid You Tube reviews but would welcome some more honest opinions.

I absolutely love it. It took a bit of getting used to. i.e. you seem to need to turn the noise gate down on every tone that you download, but once you get used to that, you can save the adjusted tones to your liking.
It hasn't made me any better yet though.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I absolutely love it. It took a bit of getting used to. i.e. you seem to need to turn the noise gate down on every tone that you download, but once you get used to that, you can save the adjusted tones to your liking.
It hasn't made me any better yet though.

Having done a bit of reading up it does sound like the noise gate is an issue with overdriven sounds and people agree the amp is a bit bass heavy and requires turning down. The ability to change the order of effects would have been nice too. However, what with the learning aids it does look great value for money.

How long did you have to wait for yours as the slight pain is that you can only order direct from Positive Grid in the states?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Having done a bit of reading up it does sound like the noise gate is an issue with overdriven sounds and people agree the amp is a bit bass heavy and requires turning down. The ability to change the order of effects would have been nice too. However, what with the learning aids it does look great value for money.

How long did you have to wait for yours as the slight pain is that you can only order direct from Positive Grid in the states?

To my shame, I was too impatient and paid over the odds on ebay (stupid, I know). It's a bit daunting when you first try it and notes have no sustain at all until you find the noise gate and turn it right down.
It also gives you access to the Presonus DAW for recording.
Which is nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here