Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Creating photobooks advice please.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
During lockdown I thought it would be a good idea of creating some photobooks. Any advice would be grateful from the good folk of NSC. Groupon have offers but are they good ?Do you create the books on your computer ? Good or bad service with companies.?

Stumpy Tim

I do a photobook every year, and have done for years. It's really nice being able to go through books rather than searching through pictures on a computer. I usually use Photobox though occassionally Snapfish. Both do a decent job

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
We've ( well my wife ) has done them every year for the past 10/11 years. Not sure who she uses but generally on offer.

Think thy are excellent.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I use Photobox.
The photobooks take longer to create than you think, but we've got lots of time!

Get on and create one and just leave it on your account/creations list until a 50% off offer comes along.
Do take notice of their little green smiley faces which confirm the quality for each photo is fine.
The traffic light system to check quality resolution is useful, the orange or red quality symbols will turn out as disappointing photos in your book.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I do a photobook every year, and have done for years. It's really nice being able to go through books rather than searching through pictures on a computer. I usually use Photobox though occassionally Snapfish. Both do a decent job

How many photos do you put in your books and what price do you pay?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I've used CEWE and Bonusprint for photo books. Latter is owned by Albelli who have always excellent design features.

Used Photobox for two orders at Xmas (not books) and they messed up both. Would never use again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have used Snapfish 5 or 6 times. Quality is really good, and there is always an offer. Should get an A4 size, 20page book for about £15-17.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We did a few using Apple.

Very stylish books

Not that cheap!

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Another vote for snapfish here, they are excellent quality and good value for money. I used to use apple before they stopped the service. Wish I had found Snapfish earlier!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another vote for Snapfish - have done a few for special birthdays in the family etc. Easy to do once you get going, loads of flexibility (you can easily crop and shape pictures, add backgrounds, tints etc) and output quality when printed has always been excellent. Should be able to find discount codes quite easily, they are always chucking offers out.

Make sure all the pics you use are high-res, any slightly blurry will look worse when printed than they do on screen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here