PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Fly or drive? Get with the 21st century, Grandad.

cMD4a4.gif

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Flying back from Liverpool at 11.30pm.

Where do they fly out of/ in to? Gatwick??

Guess Shoreham is too small for something big enough to accomodate the whole squad, though I it would be bloody handy if they could??

Any ideas :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gatwick or Biggin Hill generally. But also safer than staying in hotels and the covid protocols etc

scooter1

How soon is now?
I'm not sure if its the same now, but when the PL re-started last year the clubs were advised: no flying and no overnight stays.
I don't know if that's now been relaxed in regards to flying, but no overnight stays is still very much enforced.
If indeed they are flying, would they charter a private plane so as not to come into any contact with anyone outside the club, or their immediate families?

Jul 7, 2003
Private charter is not as expensive as some people think. Depending on numbers is often not much more per head than a normal business class flight for more flexibility, no or minimal mixing with the public.

Offset that against the cost of coach travel, hotels etc it makes a lot of business sense even before you add in the football / medical benefits

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Private charter is not as expensive as some people think. Depending on numbers is often not much more per head than a normal business class flight for more flexibility, no or minimal mixing with the public.

Offset that against the cost of coach travel, hotels etc it makes a lot of business sense even before you add in the football / medical benefits

And f**k the environment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here