Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool: would you take a point now?

Would you take a point at Liverpool now?

• Yes - these are a good side

Votes: 322 89.0%
  • No - wheel wine

Votes: 40 11.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is the 2021-flavoured Liverpool: a little bit flaky, no central defenders worthy of the name and capable of losing at home to Burnley.

This is 2021-flavoured Albion: good in possession, creating chances and giving many teams a right good footballing lesson (let's ignore the scoring goals and winning games bit)

Take a point though?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Madness I know but I think we can win this, so no I wouldn’t settle for a point at the moment :shrug:

We are on the cusp of greatness :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Madness I know but I think we can win this, so no I wouldn’t settle for a point at the moment :shrug:

That's the spirit - if this is one of those oft-discussed "free hits" then let's go for glory - there's nothing to lose.

We need to be at our levels though. That's the important thing.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A point would take us above Newcastle, and probably Burnley as well.

No, no I wouldn't. We can win this.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Genuinely think we are about to enter a golden era, but we’ve still a way to go. A draw tonight would be hugely significant so would more than happily take a point right now before breakfast.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's the spirit - if this is one of those oft-discussed "free hits" then let's go for glory - there's nothing to lose.

We need to be at our levels though. That's the important thing.

Pretty well every other lowly club has pulled off a mega result against Liverpool and City, why not us for a change?

scooter1

How soon is now?
Liverpool at Anfield could be considered a bit of a free hit. Burnley have just beaten them there with a pretty iffy penalty, and dogged defending.
We should go for it and give them a game, just being weary of trying not to ship too many goals if they start to tear us a new one...

We can afford to drop points at Anfield, and they are in a mess at the back right now

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let's just remember on Sunday the breathtaking quality of Liverpools pacy counterattacks - these are a good side!

We could also remember that in five recent league games they scored a grand total of 1 (one) goal. And that was against the utterly dreadful West Brom.

They failed to score against woeful Newcastle, the out-of-sorts Southampton, sloppy-at-the-back Man Utd and in the defeat to Burnley.

SAC

May 21, 2014
They certainly aren't nearly as good as they were last season but a point would be a very good result.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I would be very happy to see Salah sprain his ankle in the warm up. The two goals he got the other day were just unbelievable. He seems to be a relentless unstoppable force. If we got a shut out against Liverpool it would be a miracle, although I think we could score against them with the form of our forwards and the injuries they have at the back.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Whilst Your last sentence does have an element of optimism attached, I wholeheartedly agree. A point would be a superb result, but we've never been in a better position to attempt to obtain, and realistically obtain the optimum result.

Burnley managed it.

Weir Lewes. :blush:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I would be very happy to see Salah sprain his ankle in the warm up. The two goals he got the other day were just unbelievable. He seems to be a relentless unstoppable force. If we got a shut out against Liverpool it would be a miracle, although I think we could score against them with the form of our forwards and the injuries they have at the back.

I know dry January is over, but you don't need to make up for it in 2 days! :lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This is the 2021-flavoured Liverpool: a little bit flaky, no central defenders worthy of the name and capable of losing at home to Burnley.

This is 2021-flavoured Albion: good in possession, creating chances and giving many teams a right good footballing lesson (let's ignore the scoring goals and winning games bit)

Take a point though?

Would love a point, would also take a 2-1 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Normally yes but after the spurs game and waking up feeling fairly confident, like the morning of the last game, no.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
A point tonight, and a win at Burnley on Saturday, and I'll be delighted - I'll then believe that we will definitely avoid the drop back to the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here