Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A very insightful read about GP's Brighton

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Interesting attempt despite the occasional misuse of a phrase or word. Looks like it's written as a university project or maybe under a pseudonym by someone for whom English is a second language - Swannee? Seriously, I found myself looking for the quirks in the writing rather than the content by the end.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Interesting attempt despite the occasional misuse of a phrase or word. Looks like it's written as a university project or maybe under a pseudonym by someone for whom English is a second language - Swannee? Seriously, I found myself looking for the quirks in the writing rather than the content by the end.

To the eternal shame of all of us, Swanny’s mastery of the English language is betterer then the rest of us put together.

Last edited:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Jahanbakhsh is top of the expected assists per 90 table!

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 0.69
Cengiz Ünder 0.67
Kevin De Bruyne 0.51
Sergio Agüero 0.46
Jack Grealish 0.43
Hakim Ziyech 0.43
Bruno Fernandes 0.41
Islam Slimani 0.41
Riyad Mahrez0.39
Conor Hourihane 0.35

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
very good

Not sure about the stuff about fast incisive attacks though.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Great article - thanks for posting.

This sums up the Potter in/out debate well for me:

Whilst other sides have parted with their project leaders, axing objectives in favour of the quivering panic button finger, Potter remains. Brighton fans may have pointed to the disparities between their table position and their performance level. The narrative could have been painted as faithful, or of doom to never self-right.

This is the league’s fourth youngest side after all, with the third youngest manager. The model on which they operate is highly impressive, with a style to match​

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jahanbakhsh is top of the expected assists per 90 table!

No surprise really. Scoring and assisting is why we bought him and what he remains very good at. The manager obviously doesn’t rate the rest of his game enough to make him a regular starter which is surprising, I suppose those half chances against Arsenal should have been taken.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Indeed.

"Breaking the home win voodoo"?!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

The author, "Tom Underhill", is probably pretty English.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It seems he may have been on this thread today...

[tweet]1356918034275926018[/tweet]

:lol:

If someone had said that my writing was so poor that English had to be my second language, I would have kept very quiet about it. I certainly wouldn't be telling the world via Twitter.

What a weird bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here