Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would NSC be here in 30/40 years?

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Seeing as most on here are in their 40s/50s/60s etc

Do you think NSC would continue with the lack of youngsters not joining forums?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Interesting point... Very interesting. I’d like to think it will be of course. But the younger generation seem so obsessed with new social media and seem to get their kicks over making a ‘funny’ meme thing to desperately tweet as soon as the official club tweets something. Or write ‘YES NO BURN’ under it - which players without doubt see - dickhead generation!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I live in a town that is mainly oldies. There's a perennial wailing about 'we need more youth to move here, otherwise the town will die when we all die, etc'. But actually, what happens is that the place doesn't attract youth much - but does attract a steady stream of early/pre retirees (50+). So, the average age of the place stays about the same.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Anyone young who comes on here gets talked down to for being young.

In years to come the conversations on here will resemble an argument between cantankerous old men in a care home even more than they already do

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Seeing as most on here are in their 40s/50s/60s etc

Do you think NSC would continue with the lack of youngsters not joining forums?

This would mainly be of the Goldstone generation.
So the future will be of the Amex generation :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No. Niche forums are not the present or the future. People will sit around and do benzos and live in their VR worlds. **** knows if football is around in 40 years.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I hope that it's still here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably more like a sort of souped up zoom, I expect, with microchip-in-the-palm-of the-hand warriors hiding their faces behind emojis to conceal their identities while ripping out a potty-mouthed abusive rant. Possibly featuring a lot of blud and fam.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
By then Young Mr Bozza would’ve passed on the reins.

It’ll depend on whether (even more screen obsessed than us) youngsters, will have the attention span to bother engaging in conversations and arguments. Perhaps just quick fire memes and emojis (their 2050 equivalent).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone young who comes on here gets talked down to for being young.

In years to come the conversations on here will resemble an argument between cantankerous old men in a care home even more than they already do

Ahem. **** off.

I thank you ???

:wink:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I suppose the writers of fanzines might had said something similar 30 years ago. Are there many of those left ???

Fanzines not writers of fanzines of course :smile:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This would mainly be of the Goldstone generation.
So the future will be of the Amex generation :thumbsup:

Highly unlikely any under 30 remember the Goldstone.

Let that sink in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, the old Mailing List still exists (born in 97 I think) albeit it is mainly used by the SFL crew for fantasy league and the occasional bit of emoting. That is a non-anonymised forum so we mind or language and manners. Bozza owns it (and pays for it) now. :bowdown:

NSC will fade if a newer zippier means of coms emerges.

That said I'd like to see the youngsters step up a bit on here. The youngest regular poster on here is early 30s, and ****ing Sweeedish, FFS. Evening [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] :thumbsup: There are younger (20s) lurkers (including one of my undergrad class - hope he's not reading or I'm busted, FFS) but they seem to be readers rather than chatters.

Oh well. I love NSC. And I love our dear leader [MENTION=1197]Bozz[/MENTION]er :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably more like a sort of souped up zoom, I expect, with microchip-in-the-palm-of the-hand warriors hiding their faces behind emojis to conceal their identities while ripping out a potty-mouthed abusive rant. Possibly featuring a lot of blud and fam.

We occasionally sink low but not Arsenal low, I suggest ???

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NSC will become a lot more visual. In 30/40 years posters will communicate solely through the medium of interpretive dance :rave:

I suspect you're my age, so....

THPP lets rip.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here