Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Have you reached your peak yet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

Some may have thought Sir Tom Moore, may have hit his peak in his career while serving his country, and maybe he did, career-wise.
But then he had other layers of drive,
and we all know how he did there.

What a man.

RIP Sir Tom :bowdown:

So have you realised your peak yet?

In any of the categories or others below???

Mentally
Physically
At Sport
Ar Work
Giving to others

I have peaked at 100m, but I am not succumbing to others..........yet.

So what is left in your locker guys ???

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
tenor.gif

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Welcome back @Mouldy.

Sporting and physicality - I have hopes of improving my skiing, also a martial art I do in non-lockdown times. Ever optimistic, in no way ready to accept a decline or ceiling. Combined with hopefully losing a bit of weight and getting generally fitter, a virtuous circle.

Work and mental agility - I like to think the former still improves with experience, but my memory has definitely declined in some ways post 50.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I thought we peaked late twenties? So I'm on the down slide now..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Welcome back @Mouldy.

Sporting and physicality - I have hopes of improving my skiing, also a martial art I do in non-lockdown times. Ever optimistic, in no way ready to accept a decline or ceiling. Combined with hopefully losing a bit of weight and getting generally fitter, a virtuous circle.

Work and mental agility - I like to think the former still improves with experience, but my memory has definitely declined in some ways post 50.

Thanks.
Sounds like you have some good stuff to aim for, it's exciting isn't it.

Is it long term or short term memory ?

I've peaked at jeans wearing as I've finally found the right BRAND.

Yes, I saw you the other day and they look very nice.:love:

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2021-02-02-20-45-25.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2021-02-02-20-45-25.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 174

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m deteriorating rapidly...... at 60 I feel I peaked 28 years ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanks.
Sounds like you have some good stuff to aim for, it's exciting isn't it.

Is it long term or short term memory ?

Yes, I saw you the other day and they look very nice.:love:

It’s that typical thing of forgetting the name of someone on TV or a friend of a friend. Also, having to concentrate more than I did on movies/boxsets where there’s a load of subplots. Especially Nordic Noir where every murder suspect’s surname ends in a ... rsson.

D

Deleted member 2719

It’s that typical thing of forgetting the name of someone on TV or a friend of a friend. Also, having to concentrate more than I did on movies/boxsets where there’s a load of subplots. Especially Nordic Noir where every murder suspect’s surname ends in a ... rsson.
I little trick I was taught year's ago on remembering names, was when you first meet them to address them by their name at least 3 times, within the conversation.
This should stick, I used to meet up with 1000 different people a month and it was very rare, when I could not recall a name.
It's worth doing and must become habit-forming. The people involved are also impressed you remember them!!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Welcome back @Mouldy.

I can’t even remember being 50!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here