Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REMF 20th Anniversary

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not sure if there's a good time to start/restart this, but I think we should do something . . . .

Whilst most of us from the original match are (just) past our footballing prime, we should also take to the pitch if at all possible. . . not forgetting those who've been involved in the interim, and throughout.

It's a little way off yet, but what with everything else, it'll need planning, hopefuly we'll all be allowed out by then. and if we're lucky all vaccinated.

It remains one of the best things NSC has ever done. :clap2:

What say ye all?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be good if a commemorative glossy programme / magazine could be produced, with all proceeds going to... well, I'm sure we could think of somewhere for all proceeds to go to :wink:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I played upfront with Stumpy Tim.

This is his dream thread. I can't wait to hear about his hat trick again...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The fund has raised £ 300 000 since 2001. I would think, but not my call a 9/21 date for the football match, home and away would be most apt and hopefully possible. Like every other charity, REMF raised practically zero in 2020 as all the events bar a reduced quiz night were cancelled

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I played upfront with Stumpy Tim.

This is his dream thread. I can't wait to hear about his hat trick again...

Stumpy Tim was excellent as was Wayne Emerson. The least said about my 25 minutes the better

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would be great to get past players involved in some way from both sides. Maybe one big football-athon and have age group category’s - something to look forward to - I’m in :thumbsup:

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I could just about manage a game of walking football now and would, most likely, still tear a calf muscle before the event.
I ended up getting heckled by Harty for taking too long folding up the giant flag pre kick off ��

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Here's the programme from the first game.

Full scans of this and the others in the series that I have, are here:

https://www.seagullsprogrammes.co.uk/remf

2001.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Two goals mate. Scored the opener (have I mentioned I was the first ever REMF goalscorer).

If only my striking partner was any good

Oh really? You've never mentioned this before.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Two goals mate. Scored the opener (have I mentioned I was the first ever REMF goalscorer).

If only my striking partner was any good

I’ve seen the first ever goalscorer accolade before somewhere but can’t put my finger on it...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I’ll revise my time as Dave the gaffer ( as named by the fabulous Lady Bracknell)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
me too, although mostly on the left wing . . he's a hog isn't he ;-)

Fun times.
I recall also playing a couple of times against other supporters teams, but as it's 20 years ago it's all a bit vague.

I take it there is no longer a NSC team?

And to answer your question yes he was definitely a goal hanging hog!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Fun times.
I recall also playing a couple of times against other supporters teams, but as it's 20 years ago it's all a bit vague.

I did a few of those, last one I remember was vs Fulham possibly? , played on a heavy pitch ( no other way @ waterhall) they had an older very sturdy midfielder, and his 15 year old daughter skinned me on the wing, did my knee in that day, another bit of cartilidge gone . . . . haven't played a proper match since.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Fun times.

Yes we played against Milwall up at Falmer University and a couple of other games including playing an Albion XI at East Preston .

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here