Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Goring Gap Fish Shack.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Now it isn't quite in the Goring Gap l grant you, but walking from the Sea Lanes Cafe in an easterly direction towards Worthing, within about ten minutes you come across a shack on the beach, from where a local fisherman sells his catch, (his boat can be found on the beach next to it).

The guy sells the most amazingly fresh fish, much of it caught himself the previous night. The past few times l have been down hoping to make my usual purchase, although his boat is there, the shack has been boarded up. I'm wondering if Covid has prevented him from fishing, does anyone else know him, or have any ideas?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Now it isn't quite in the Goring Gap l grant you, but walking from the Sea Lanes Cafe in an easterly direction towards Worthing, within about ten minutes you come across a shack on the beach, from where a local fisherman sells his catch, (his boat can be found on the beach next to it).

The guy sells the most amazingly fresh fish, much of it caught himself the previous night. The past few times l have been down hoping to make my usual purchase, although his boat is there, the shack has been boarded up. I'm wondering if Covid has prevented him from fishing, does anyone else know him, or have any ideas?

He’s fishing from home now..long rod :moo:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is it the one by the yatch club ? If so he was open the other Sunday.

Also amazed how he manages to catch kippers already smoked ???

There are some just east of Splashpoint to that are usually there

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cue all the fish puns.

Perhaps eventually someone might have a go at answering the original question. Doubt it though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

He’s closed, is this for reel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Ummm l'm not aware of any others, his is the first one you come to walking east from the Sea Lanes. I don't think everything that he sells is freshly landed, but the great majority is.

Maybe l just visited on a day when he hadn't been out, l'll try again soon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Probably smoking them at the same time he's dressing and freezing his 'fresh' crab...................:)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Ummm l'm not aware of any others, his is the first one you come to walking east from the Sea Lanes. I don't think everything that he sells is freshly landed, but the great majority is.

Maybe l just visited on a day when he hadn't been out, l'll try again soon.

Did you see a sign on the door, “Gone Fishing”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'd have a long hard look at the list of fish he has for sale, most of it is not local. The boats and nets by the locker are hardly ever used but the piles of stackable fish boxes are, when his fish is collected from the fish market.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good to see when the opportunity arises NSC refuses to roe back from the chance to make some fish puns

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd have a long hard look at the list of fish he has for sale, most of it is not local. The boats and nets by the locker are hardly ever used but the piles of stackable fish boxes are, when his fish is collected from the fish market.

The dirty rotten scoundrel! To be honest though l don't much care who catches some of it, what l buy certainly seems fresh enough to me, and the missus and l enjoy it, which is the main thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here