Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben Davies

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What struck me was how cheap he was. I know fees are deflated but considering what we paid for Webster (20m) and Clarke (3.6m). Was his contract up soon?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ben Davies

And yes, he was out of contract in the summer, and they were going to lose him (to Celtic) for nothing.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What struck me was how much time the Monday night club on radio 5 spent discussing him and bigging him up, even suggesting he could be in line for an England call up. Any other club makes a signing like this it's seen as desperation or barely worth a mention, but as its Liverpool he's seen as a brilliant signing. Yes he's out of contact in the summer, but he seems a long way short of Webster for 20 mil. The only interesting signing yesterday was Caicedo but not worth a mention at all, nor was there any talk of our performance against Spurs. Plenty on spurs failings, of course. Bitter, me? :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What struck me was how much time the Monday night club on radio 5 spent discussing him and bigging him up, even suggesting he could be in line for an England call up. Any other club makes a signing like this it's seen as desperation or barely worth a mention, but as its Liverpool he's seen as a brilliant signing. Yes he's out of contact in the summer, but he seems a long way short of Webster for 20 mil. The only interesting signing yesterday was Caicedo but not worth a mention at all, nor was there any talk of our performance against Spurs. Plenty on spurs failings, of course. Bitter, me? :lolol:

Klopp's statement on the signing must really fill the lad with confidence, that he's absolutely NOT a panic stop-gap signing. No sir-ree.

What I like about Ben is it just shows that each situation creates opportunities. I think it’s probably clear that in a normal transfer window, without any issues, we would not look at Preston if there’s a player for us or something like that. It’s not really likely.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Klopp's statement on the signing must really fill the lad with confidence, that he's absolutely NOT a panic stop-gap signing. No sir-ree.

Looking for excuses before the guy even played a game...

Makes me hope he is the reincarnation of Alessandro Nesta.. starting Thursday.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Hell be sold in 18months time as now a Liverpool player for £10+m, so it’s win win situation for club and player. I saw a report saying he was no better than the two reserve players Phillips and Williams

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hell be sold in 18months time as now a Liverpool player for £10+m, so it’s win win situation for club and player. I saw a report saying he was no better than the two reserve players Phillips and Williams

If he's no better than Phillips, then heaven help him. Phillips is dross.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Will he be able to be in a losing team tomorrow?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I agree. The difference is that you seem surprised that this is the case, whereas l'm not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, they certainly got him for a lot less than Ben White! I wonder if that move has put him above White in the 'might play for England' stakes?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Well, they certainly got him for a lot less than Ben White! I wonder if that move has put him above White in the 'might play for England' stakes?

All the time Southgate is manager - yes. You could be on the bench for the U23s but if it is Liverpool or Man Utd U23s then Gareth is all over it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Looking for excuses before the guy even played a game...

Makes me hope he is the reincarnation of Alessandro Nesta.. starting Thursday.

I'm hoping he's a modern day version of Ashley Neal if he starts tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here