Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brilliant Glenn Murray interview on Radio5Live (8 mins long)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
thanks for posting, exciting to hear Glenn speak about Sanchez

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a good listen but what's the point of the background music? It's so loud sometimes that it's hard to hear what he says, I really don't see what that adds to the interview.

But it's good to hear him make the point that many of the Potter-out brigade fail to understand: just how difficult it is to transform a playing style and keep the same position. It's why TB has given him such a long contract and why so many of us will be Potter In - even if we were to get relegated

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's a good listen but what's the point of the background music? It's so loud sometimes that it's hard to hear what he says, I really don't see what that adds to the interview.

But it's good to hear him make the point that many of the Potter-out brigade fail to understand: just how difficult it is to transform a playing style and keep the same position. It's why TB has given him such a long contract and why so many of us will be Potter In - even if we were to get relegated

He was commentating on our game against Spurs - It's background noise from the Stadium,

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He was commentating on our game against Spurs - It's background noise from the Stadium,

Is it? Well, there are two questions there. Why are they playing music when there are no fans and why is it so loud? (he said, sounding like the oldest fogey around)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is it? Well, there are two questions there. Why are they playing music when there are no fans and why is it so loud? (he said, sounding like the oldest fogey around)

I had the same problem.

I assume the music is to make it feel more like a matchday for the players and those around the stadium.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am even more excited about Sanchez after listening to that, praise indeed from Glenn. Sanchez then went on to make a couple of very good and crucial saves too. I am sure the defenders confidence has shot up with him behind them. He looks 90% unflappable so far too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

At the end of a recent game (possibly Fulham) you could here Richie Reynolds wish everyone a safe journey home and remind people when the next game was.

I thought that was bizarre but, again, I guess it's part of keeping the stadium experience being as "normal" as possible for the players and club staff.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Wonderful stuff.

Also beautifully handled that question about Chris Hughton's style presumably whilst his agent was hashing out his contract at Forest...

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009

Unfortunately it seems that whether TV or radio, documentary or otherwise all programs HAVE to have bone jarring highly annoying background noise (hesitate to call it music!). I expect it's to attract the Yoof demographic.

That said, I agree - Glenn spoke well and didn't give anything away on his preferred style - he must have known he was shortly to be reunited with Chris...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here