Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly in 'Top Ten Most Improved PL Players' table

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great recognition for March's contribution this season.

(Sadly Maty Ryan and BDB are in the bottom ten!)

All teams pore over stats these days (Brighton probably more than most, given who owns them) and seeing that, it's no surprise that Ryan was moved on. The bigger surprise is that BDB is still involved in the first team, a recognition, I suppose, that there's a shortage of options on the left side of defence.

I'm sure that plans are already afoot to sort that out

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
That doesn't surprise me. I've really enjoyed watching him this season; he really seems to have kicked on another gear, I suspect partly from holding down a place and growing in confidence as a result. I'm disappointed if I don't see him in the starting line up nowadays.

Well done Solly! :clap2:

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
All teams pore over stats these days (Brighton probably more than most, given who owns them) and seeing that, it's no surprise that Ryan was moved on. The bigger surprise is that BDB is still involved in the first team, a recognition, I suppose, that there's a shortage of options on the left side of defence.

I'm sure that plans are already afoot to sort that out
I'm sure Karbownik is the solution for that left side, but he's too young and raw still

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Fully deserved, like most/all on here, I think he has been consistently good throughout the season

Something I never thought I'd type a year+ ago

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Another one that we have watched steadily improving throughout his entire professional career. The chant really should be 'two of our own'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another one that we have watched steadily improving throughout his entire professional career. The chant really should be 'two of our own'

He was doing well in the Championship until he ruptured his ACL at Derby. He played for England U21s.
When he came back, it took him a while to get his confidence back, but he often made a difference coming off the bench. I mentioned my favourite Murray goal yesterday at St Andrew’s but March got the assist, as he did for the first goal that Knocky scored. 1-0 down to win 2-1.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
March just looks so confident on the ball this season. He also has quite an engine on him. Fully deserves an England call but I won't hold my breath.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He was doing well in the Championship until he ruptured his ACL at Derby. He played for England U21s.
When he came back, it took him a while to get his confidence back, but he often made a difference coming off the bench. I mentioned my favourite Murray goal yesterday at St Andrew’s but March got the assist, as he did for the first goal that Knocky scored. 1-0 down to win 2-1.

Solly completely changed that game - he was electric when he came on

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Actually a decent and factual list with the correct player in there!!! Wow.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
defensively he has been excellent and whilst the rest of his game is also much improved i still find the majority of his crossing to be disappointing.

It doesn't seem to matter how many decent crosses he puts in, people still have this belief that his crossing is poor.
It really isn't.

In almost every game I have watched over the past couple of months there has been at least one "great cross from March" from the commentators.
On Sunday night he played a beauty into Maupay who should have buried it.

I will agree that when Solly is in the position to cross there is no more than one Brighton shirt to aim for.. But that isn't down to Solly.
If Solly was playing with a 18/19 era Muzza, he would have a hatful of assists this season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He definitely looks like he has bulked up a bit. He's harder to ease off the ball and doesn't take his foot out of the takle as he was prone to do when he was younger. Definitely seems to be thriving this season and enjoying having a manager who wants him to try things (with the associated risk of failing) rather than to not risk failure and play it safe. What a place for a player to be!! (we're seeing the impact of thet pov across the team)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Absolutely delighted for the lad, I remember thinking several times several years ago whether we'd ever see the best of him with his rotten luck on injuries, but he's absolutely shone this season

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fully deserved, he and Bissouma have been our players of the season by a distance.

He is fantastic in that left wing back role, defensively and going forward. And the clueless lot who moan about him and his final ball just need to watch that cross to Maupay on Sunday again, magnificent delivery.

I love watching Solly play and he really is a true pro, a credit to himself.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Which one player could we least afford to lose to injury?

Bissouma? Dunk? Sanchez?

No I think it's Solly. We have tonnes of cover everywhere up and down the spine of the team, but precious little on the flanks.

With Karbo not having made a squad and (is he fit? is he training?), I think Burn is the current alternative in that position. Clearly a step down to put a massive CB at LWB and totally changes the way we play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here