Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Max Sanders joins Lincoln

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wish him all the best. I think he has what it takes to play in the Premier League, and I'd love to see him make it one day. There are already a few other Albion connections at the Imps - Liam Bridcutt is there (as captain - a great role model for Max), as are former Albion academy players Nathan Odokonyero (2nd-year scholar) and Ethan Hilton (1st-year scholar).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Permanent deal.

Undisclosed nominal fee.

Good luck to the lad.

Gutted tbh, he looked a really great young prospect in the brief times hes played.

Was excellent in the league cup and tbh I'm surprised, I think the lad has real potential.......

Good luck Max and a real shame you've left

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not good if its only 'nominal' . I guess there was a choice of Sanders or Mollumby and we have decided to keep the latter for the moment. Hope the lad does well and we have some nice sell on %.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m also gutted.

But I’ve been thinking lately this is part of becoming a bigger club. We are going to develop a lot talent and they can’t all blossom into first team players. Like Chelsea and others we are going to have to reluctantly let talent go and run the risk one may slip away. Just like we got Lamptey.

I think Sanders has a lot of potential, it’s a shame he didn’t get a Championship loan. But with all the quality midfielders we’re stacking up (see the midfield thread), it looks nigh on impossible for the lad to get anywhere near the team.

All the best Max!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Shame as seemed to have a bright future. Maybe not Premiership but certainly a very good player and hope he does well at Lincoln and makes it in the Championship. Would have rather kept Mollumby, plus we have Jenks a few years behind them so sadly Sanders moving on to play makes a lot of sense. Just hope we have a big sell on %

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Good player and I don't think it will be the last we hear about him.
Now time to go and prove the potential.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’m also gutted.

But I’ve been thinking lately this is part of becoming a bigger club. We are going to develop a lot talent and they can’t all blossom into first team players. Like Chelsea and others we are going to have to reluctantly let talent go and run the risk one may slip away. Just like we got Lamptey.

I think Sanders has a lot of potential, it’s a shame he didn’t get a Championship loan. But with all the quality midfielders we’re stacking up (see the midfield thread), it looks nigh on impossible for the lad to get anywhere near the team.

All the best Max!
A bit gutted too. I realise that many of our development squad will ultimately be moved on without getting into the first team - but 'nominal fee' doesn't augur well for the sustainability model.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A bit gutted too. I realise that many of our development squad will ultimately be moved on without getting into the first team - but 'nominal fee' doesn't augur well for the sustainability model.

Six months left on his contract, never played above League One level... was never going to be more than a nominal fee.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Our last first team fixture against a Tottenham team without a single English player, featured 5 home grown players in the 18 man squad and the model isn't sustainable?

Max Sanders made a rare U23 appearance against Liverpool in October and stood out as the best player on the pitch. I did wonder if he would get a first team opportunity, (I also asked how we could have such a brilliant keeper as fourth choice but that is another story) especially when our form dipped. Letting him leave now reflects the quality of recent signings and the confidence the club has in the squad being assembled. I hope he goes on to have a brilliant career and will keep an eye out for him in the future. Nothing for the club to apologise for here.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Overloaded with midfielders, like others thought he was a promising talent. Did think he’d eventually be Stephens replacement.

Presumably not doing enough in training compared to the others and now further down pecking order.

I did think he’d go to a championship team, but regardless good luck to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good player but 22 now and we couldn’t find a championship club for him in the summer for a loan. Packed position for us with other better prospects so had virtually no route through for us. Good move for him to a decent level and real chance of promotion.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The bar for young talent is extremely high at our club now. You just need to look at the midfielders Bissouma has outclassed this season; the club want more players on his level, they have been after potential world class talent for a while.

I suppose Max might play in the Premier League at some point but other young midfielders like Mac Allister, Molumby, Moder, Alzate & Caicedo are already playing for their country.

Best of luck to the lad. Lincoln have done very well to land him in my opinion.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Probably at the club at the wrong time unfortunately, looked a great prospect but never really getting some game time.

More concerned about our finances so that's another one off the wage bill at least this window!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here