Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The transfer of Moises Caicedo reports to be 4M not undisclosed

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The transfer of Moises Caicedo reports on the BBC as being 4 million.
To my knowledge this is the first time during Tony's leadership that a deal has not be undisclosed is it not?
We all know Tony likes his business to remain private,
are they just guessing?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
With South American players the fees and contracts can get a bit complicated as there often "third-party ownership rights" on players (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_ownership_in_association_football for an explanation). Reason I'm pointing this out is it means the deal isn't just between Albion and Independiente del Valle but will include others which means more people to potentially disclose the usually undisclosed fee.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The most spent on a single player by an English club, in this window.

Who would have thought this, even last year.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Funny you should say that. I just read that last January we spent the second most on a single player. Tariq Lamptey at £4.5m. Small sums compared to previous years, but good to see us prepared to spend on the right talent.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

To a certain extent however this has been a slow burner so I expect the club had the funds available and we did not go large in the first transfer window this season.

Actually I don't think we will go large again for a while.

We paid £2.75m for Knocky, this fee is a bargain given the potential.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funny you should say that. I just read that last January we spent the second most on a single player. Tariq Lamptey at £4.5m. Small sums compared to previous years, but good to see us prepared to spend on the right talent.

As annoying as the sums spent on AJ and Locadia seem, it’s swings and roundabouts when you consider what we paid for Lamptey & Biss - possibly this lad.. Mac etc etc...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Pretty sure Lamptey was only 3m, that's what Naylor said at the time, and I've seen that figure reported since.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
To a certain extent however this has been a slow burner so I expect the club had the funds available and we did not go large in the first transfer window this season.

With so many young players banging on the door, I don't think we'll need to.

There is one position, which may prove to be the exception, and I don't think I have to say what this is

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

He only cost a Mil’!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With so many young players banging on the door, I don't think we'll need to.

There is one position, which may prove to be the exception, and I don't think I have to say what this is

Agree, could see the club splashing some cash on one or two CBs this summer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here