Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] First Female Manager?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sounds suspiciously like a publicity stunt to me.

That said, the job is about tactical nous and the ability to inspire and motivate human beings, not who you played for or what you achieved on the pitch, so there is really no reason why a talented female couldn't do the job.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would be groundbreaking... concept is hard to get used to just due to the fact it’s something completely new (I’m honest not sexist), but it would be absolutely intriguing if it happened. I’m all for offering equal jobs regardless of sex, in any arena. However the desperate scramble to suddenly go all PC as possible in football punditry, has lead to Karen Cairney getting a job doing it and she’s utterly woeful!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not been very successful when tried abroad, but why not. If she is good enough, she is good enough.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Second surely

manager2.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It’s been talked about for a while that Hayes might get a chance in the mens game.

I’d love to see it, she is really highly regarded and it would be truly ground breaking and inspirational.

I hate to say it as it really doesn’t say much for the state of our game and men in general, and it probably wouldn’t bother her anyway, but starting in the job when fans are not allowed in stadiums might be a good thing too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've listened to her often on the radio and the thought 'she could easily manage a men's team' has popped into my head. On the minus side, she does sound extremely old skool. But in league 1 or 2 that may be a perfect fit.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Would be groundbreaking... concept is hard to get used to just due to the fact it’s something completely new (I’m honest not sexist), but it would be absolutely intriguing if it happened. I’m all for offering equal jobs regardless of sex, in any arena. However the desperate scramble to suddenly go all PC as possible in football punditry, has lead to Karen Cairney getting a job doing it and she’s utterly woeful!

Not sure I've seen too much of Karen Carney.

If she really is woeful then she is in good company because there are at least 20 male Football Pundits who are absolutely awful and there are 3 or 4 of them who are never off our TV screens.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've listened to her often on the radio and the thought 'she could easily manage a men's team' has popped into my head. On the minus side, she does sound extremely old skool. But in league 1 or 2 that may be a perfect fit.

Sort of like Corinne Diacre in Clermont then. Very oldschool and the players hated her... but she got some decent results.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

If she really is woeful then she is in good company because there are at least 20 male Football Pundits who are absolutely awful and there are 3 or 4 of them who are never off our TV screens.

Yep agreed. But the mad scramble to get her on due to this sudden PC movement has caused it in this case I feel. Exactly the same goes for ex players - Gareth Barry is about as wooden as they come and Carlton Cole was in the Clinton Morrison level of shitness.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yep agreed. But the mad scramble to get her on due to this sudden PC movement has caused it in this case I feel. Exactly the same goes for ex players - Gareth Barry is about as wooden as they come and Carlton Cole was in the Clinton Morrison level of shitness.

Won't be appearing with Keys and Gray on Bein Sports, given their shite punditry effort last night.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
This may sound a bit silly for people who don't watch women's football, but for those who do, don't you think this is a step down for her? She's in charge of a Chelsea team who are top of the league and the competition is getting stronger every year. I personally think she's better off staying at Chelsea, but I understand she'd want to get into the men's game.

The other person Wimbledon are rumoured to be looking at is Pardew, and as someone who had to watch ADO Den Haag last season, there's an easy choice here.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hmmm: you don't want women on there, you don't want ex players....who do you want, exactly?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sort of like Corinne Diacre in Clermont then. Very oldschool and the players hated her... but she got some decent results.

I was thinking more along the lines of Kathy Burke channeling Barry Fry. But with the nous of G-Pott, he hastily edits.

theboybilly

Sky made us suffer Lianne Sanderson on the Transfer Deadline programme tonight. Utterly useless. Full of football cliches - yes we know the January window is quieter Lianne - and concentrated on transfers amongst the Top 6 clubs that probably won't happen rather than transfers that had happened or were on the cards among all the leagues. Like so many women's pundits their 'experience' amounts to less than 200 games (in many a lot less) but loads at 'International level. In Women's football.
The WPL show after MotD2 is worth watching for the comedy value and that's about it. The standard is woeful. Good luck Ms Hayes, you're going to need it. I give it 3 months

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Awfully poor and my son could not understand how two old bumbling geezers could get on tv???

Keys was just bluffing or even buffering his way through last night, using tired old clichés, like Albions winless home record.
So tiresome, even Gray was struggling to raise his arms up his fat gut :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hmmm: you don't want women on there, you don't want ex players....who do you want, exactly?

Didn’t say I don’t want either actually - just they’ve made a mad scramble to get lots of numbers in who fit that profile... and it shows.

I like Alec Scott as much as Crodo..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here