Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we have the most 'local' team in the Premier League?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not going to bother looking at anyone else's squad to compare, but based on the following criteria:

Using only players named in the first team PL squad, and who have appeared in a first team fixture this season

How far from your ground were your players born?

I've kept it realistic, and only chosen genuine first team options (could easily have slotted in Sanders (Horsham) for example). This is the best we can come up with, I think:

-----------------------------------------------Walton (Wadebridge, 196 miles from the Amex)
Lamptey (Hillingdon, 51) / Veltman (Ijmuiden, 233) / Dunk (Brighton, 4) / Webster (Chichester, 28) / March (Eastbourne, 19)
-------------------------------Alzate (Camden, 49) / White (Poole, 81) / Lallana (St.Albans, 65)
---------------------------------------Wellbeck (Manchester, 204) / Maupay (Versailles, 175)

A total for the XI of 1,105 miles

I'd be surprised if anyone can beat it. Burnley or Palace perhaps the most likely?

And yes, Veltman was born closer to the Amex than Dan Burn (303)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm not going to bother looking at anyone else's squad to compare, but based on the following criteria:

Using only players named in the first team PL squad, and who have appeared in a first team fixture this season

How far from your ground were your players born?

I've kept it realistic, and only chosen genuine first team options (could easily have slotted in Sanders (Horsham) for example). This is the best we can come up with, I think:

-----------------------------------------------Walton (Wadebridge, 196 miles from the Amex)
Lamptey (Hillingdon, 51) / Veltman (Ijmuiden, 233) / Dunk (Brighton, 4) / Webster (Chichester, 28) / March (Eastbourne, 19)
-------------------------------Alzate (Camden, 49) / White (Poole, 81) / Lallana (St.Albans, 65)
---------------------------------------Wellbeck (Manchester, 204) / Maupay (Versailles, 175)

A total for the XI of 1,105 miles

I'd be surprised if anyone can beat it. Burnley or Palace perhaps the most likely?

And yes, Veltman was born closer to the Amex than Dan Burn (303)

Almost a cosmopolitan pub team :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In case anyone was stupid enough not to know, Adam Webster was born in Chichester :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
local 2.gif

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd love it, LOVE it, if someone gave birth in a toilet at the Amex, and he grew up to play for BHA.

(0 miles).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Yes. Need to get this kind of stuff done, as I'm furloughed for the next couple of days...

You seriously need to get a life, but if we're top of the table it's excellent statistical analysis :thumbsup:

So where do we reside in the Premier league table of most 'local teams in the premier league' ?

(I bet we're top of back 5, not including keeper) :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Desperate times, desperate measures! Put it like this - nobody would want to be in the West Upper gents toilet unless the situation was . . . . desperate?

P.S. Queue for the ladies loo? :drink:

I know we hate queue jumping in this country but I would like to think our female fans would make an exception for someone about to give birth !!! A bit of Sussex moaning about the situation would be fine though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here