Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goodbye and Thank you to Glenn Murray

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
So Glenn Murray has signed for Nottingham Forest today.

That is officially the last we will see of him in a Brighton shirt. I just wanted to start a thread to say thanks to him for everything he has done for this club.

There are lots of players who are dear to our hearts and I know some fans still hold a bit of a grudge about the Palace move but for me his contribution to the history of this football club is absolutely enormous and he deserves to be regarding as one of the all time legends.

Without his goals we simply wouldn’t have become or remained a PL club of that I have no doubt. That is some legacy to leave behind.

Thanks Glen, if the media career doesn’t pan out you are welcome back anytime!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Was looking at some past kits the other day and that lead me to Murrays google pics page. Lovely to see it is a sea of blue n white with the exception of one tiny Palace pic. :bhasign:

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
His quality on and off the pitch is matched by his quality in the media, one of the best and his future prospects are assured.
Thanks Glenn for everything :albion2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A genuine club legend.

I hope we see him again off the pitch in future.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Biggest mistake TB made , was not to give Glen a new contract when we moved to the Amex , we would of been in the PL a lot sooner

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Indeed, a club legend, and a very good player in all appearances, even for .... them!

A gentleman and nice guy off the pitch as well.

All the very best.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
HUGE player for us. Club legend. Thanks for everything Muzza.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So Glenn Murray has signed for Nottingham Forest today.

That is officially the last we will see of him in a Brighton shirt. I just wanted to start a thread to say thanks to him for everything he has done for this club.

There are lots of players who are dear to our hearts and I know some fans still hold a bit of a grudge about the Palace move but for me his contribution to the history of this football club is absolutely enormous and he deserves to be regarding as one of the all time legends.

Without his goals we simply wouldn’t have become or remained a PL club of that I have no doubt. That is some legacy to leave behind.

Thanks Glen, if the media career doesn’t pan out you are welcome back anytime!

Totally agree, and there will be a good future in the media too once he hangs up his boots.

Total legend, an old fashioned CF and one of the best, if not the best attacking header of a ball I've seen in an Albion shirt.

The Palace move hurt, especially as he was scoring for fun up there, but that said Murray always acted with dignity towards both sets of fans and at the end of the day he's a professional footballer not a fan, he pays his mortgage and provides for his family by playing football and Gus didn't want him badly enough, another club did.

It's actually Poyet that's to blame, not Muzza. We fans always knew how good he was which made letting him go....... on a free FFS....... Was one of the most obvious blunders in recent memory.

That's all in the past, he's rightly loved by us and our rivals as he's a truly top bloke and a great pro.

Thanks for the memories Muzza, Albion legend.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A true Albion legend. My favourite goal was the one at Palace a couple of seasons ago from Dunky's long ball forward but plenty from the old days too.

Hope he scores a few for Chris Hughton.

And then has a great career in the media when it will be a pleasure to hear his view on Albion matches.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I would have loved to have seen him score for us one last time.
That equaliser at West Ham was a decent one to finish on though.
Good luck Legend.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Albion legend. I am unable to articulate my full thoughts at the moment, but what a player and what a gent. Along with Dunk he is Mr BHA in this modern era for me.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Up there with Zamora as the best striker we've had in the past 30 years.

Scored the goals that got us out of league one and enabled us to start the Amex Era in the championship and on a positive footing. Then a few 'lost' years before returning to score the goals that got us to and kept us in the Premier league.

An important player in our history and yes, worthy of the legend status.

Hope he gets a hatfull for Forest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here