Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Garth Crooks’ Team of the Week

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just checked it out for this weekend to see if any Brighton players were in it, given our performance yesterday. Not only were there none in there (fair enough, perhaps) but the result was not mentioned in his introduction - Brighton’s first home win of the season.... or lacklustre Spurs without Kane.

I wonder.... or strongly suspect.... that this was put together before our match started, which just isn’t fair:tantrum:

Who might have made it? Gross was the Sky man of the match. Both Gross and MacAllister got 9/10 in the Argus player ratings. Trossard was top in the BBC how you rated them thingy. Eddie Howe was bigging up Bissouma. The defence was rock solid, as was the goalkeeper. Maupay was a real pain in the backside for the Spurs defence.

Again it’s not fair:tantrum:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be honest, I'm not bothered.

Is Crooks still talking?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does anyone take this ex-player seriously ?

His only contribution to football was an air kick as Ricky Villa scored that wonder goal.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

His only contribution to football was an air kick as Ricky Villa scored that wonder goal.

I'd trust his opinion on which foods have high calorific values. Not much else.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Clearly completed before our game, along with Cascarino in The Times.

(and also along with the report in The Times, which barely mentions BHA (no surprise there) and doesn't mention the AC chance at the end. Presumably because the guy had already sent his copy in).

Infogol however had Veltman, Gross and Ali Mac

[tweet]1356167396273381381[/tweet]

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Garth choosing his team of the week...

7D42A013-FD2D-4357-9A31-2E72C5314AE6.jpeg

el punal

Just checked it out for this weekend to see if any Brighton players were in it, given our performance yesterday. Not only were there none in there (fair enough, perhaps) but the result was not mentioned in his introduction - Brighton’s first home win of the season.... or lacklustre Spurs without Kane.

I wonder.... or strongly suspect.... that this was put together before our match started, which just isn’t fair:tantrum:

Who might have made it? Gross was the Sky man of the match. Both Gross and MacAllister got 9/10 in the Argus player ratings. Trossard was top in the BBC how you rated them thingy. Eddie Howe was bigging up Bissouma. The defence was rock solid, as was the goalkeeper. Maupay was a real pain in the backside for the Spurs defence.

Again it’s not fair:tantrum:

It’s not fair - let’s keep it that way. Under the radar, unacknowledged, in the background and so on. When ever we play, and beat, the so-called big clubs it’s always how badly they’ve played and rarely how l’il ol’ Brighton performed. Good, long may that continue. WE know better. :albion2:

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
He has included Brighton players in the past, I would put it down to simply the game time and he possibly did the team of the week before he could watch/analyse the game.

Nice when we see our players there, however don't really care either way ultimately.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just had a natter with one of my next door neighbours who is a Chelsea Fan.

He thought Gross and Bissouma were superb yesterday and it is absurd we are not mid Table.

I pointed out we can't score goals... :annoyed:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

In fairness, he was a decent player.

I could understand if he was with a newspaper. His TOTW would be fun clickbait.

But the Beeb really needs someone who, well, knows a little more. There will be a multitude of fans out there with more astute opinions.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Just had a natter with one of my next door neighbours who is a Chelsea Fan.

He thought Gross and Bissouma were superb yesterday and it is absurd we are not mid Table.

I pointed out we can't score goals... :annoyed:

I may pop over the road and knock on my neighbours door later. Spuds fan who bangs on relentlessly about Harold Faulty-Mare

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
In fairness, he was a decent player.

I could understand if he was with a newspaper. His TOTW would be fun clickbait.

But the Beeb really needs someone who, well, knows a little more. There will be a multitude of fans out there with more astute opinions.

Phil McNulty has been BBC Sport's chief football writer for over 20 years, with no playing experience.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here