Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good Morning- We’re 5th in the form table!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As well as presenting problems for our opponents, players like Lallana, Welbeck & Lamptey won’t be getting back into the side as easily as they expected once fit.

Which makes our current form and performances all the more impressive. A lowly team like Brighton (copyright David Gold) could be expected to struggle with 3 players of that quality with long term injuries. The manager deserves massive plaudits.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This makes good reading ahead of several critical games this month.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1

At last, our results are starting to match our performances.

As well as presenting problems for our opponents, players like Lallana, Welbeck & Lamptey won’t be getting back into the side as easily as they expected once fit.

I've just said on the Potter in/out thread that I partly believe our new found defensive solidity is down to not only Sanchez in goal but Veltman rather than Lamptey at RWB. Controversially I'd keep JV in when Lamps is fit and use the latter off the bench. Three league clean sheets in a row doesn't lie, plus it means you only have to take one of your many glorious opportunities at the other end, thank goodness.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Interesting to look back a month...at the beginning of Jan we were only a point ahead of Fulham, 5 points ahead of West Brom. The gaps are now 7 and 9 points....and our relative goal difference has also improved. OK, Fulham have a game in hand, but it's been a great month.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Good morning Hugo,

Your news makes me feel very happy.
I feel this wonderful information is a reflection of the bravery shown by our excellent young manager to continue with his exciting passing philosophy.
Today the world feels a far better place for Brighton supporters.

Best regards,
Change at Barnham

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've just said on the Potter in/out thread that I partly believe our new found defensive solidity is down to not only Sanchez in goal but Veltman rather than Lamptey at RWB.

Such small margins.

No disrespect to Maty but this shot was earning Spurs a point if he’d been between the sticks based on this save percentage this season:

ROB2.gif

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

It's about time results reflected 'most' of the form. Here's hoping it continues to the end of the season, or 41 points at least ;-)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Interesting to look back a month...at the beginning of Jan we were only a point ahead of Fulham, 5 points ahead of West Brom. The gaps are now 7 and 9 points....and our relative goal difference has also improved. OK, Fulham have a game in hand, but it's been a great month.

When was the last time we had a good January?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Three clean sheets is the difference. I’ve said on numerous threads, it’s our defence more than our attack that was the problem. We’ve dropped more points from winning positions than any other team this season. We’ve scored more goals than other teams in the bottom seven. Could we have scored more, yes, should we have conceded less, yes, but the fact is we are scoring enough to get ourselves into a winning position. The back 6 of Sanchez, Veltman, Webster, Dunk, White and March is the key to more wins. UTA.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Great news!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The XG points table is also settling down to mirror the real table fairly closely (nearly all teams are in the same "section" of the table for XG points as for real points).

We are 6th in the XG points table. The quality of our overall play outside the two six yard boxes is already top ten standard. With more shots saved and an impovement in chances converted then Tony Bloom will achieve his ambition for the club within the next few seasons. And the brilliant Graham Potter will continue in the leading role.

This is obviously a reaction to an incredibly good result last night - but not different to what many Albion fans have been feeling all season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here