Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dead Deadline Day Thread

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My guesses:

Caicedo will be the only one in and he might get loaned out immediatly. The squad is massive.

Someone is going to leave. Maybe Pröpper and x number of kids on loan somewhere.

As for the rest of PL, Liverpool are going to find themselves a central defender somewhere and that will probably be the most headline worthy thing today. Other than that I expect things to be... dead.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My guesses:

Caicedo will be the only one in and he might get loaned out immediatly. The squad is massive.

Someone is going to leave. Maybe Pröpper and x number of kids on loan somewhere.

As for the rest of PL, Liverpool are going to find themselves a central defender somewhere and that will probably be the most headline worthy thing today. Other than that I expect things to be... dead.

Liverpool are signing Preston centre back Ben Davies for £2m, look forward to Jim White trying to sensationalise that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
From BBC Website:

One in, one out for Brighton?

Johnny Cantor
BBC Sussex commentator

It could be a case of one in, one out on transfer deadline day for Brighton and Hove Albion. The club are looking to complete the signing of 19 year old Ecuador midfielder Moises Caicedo from Independiente Del Valle.

Meanwhile striker Glenn Murray will sign on loan at Nottingham Forest for the rest of the season. BBC Radio 5 Live pundit Murray will be reunited with former Seagulls boss Chris Hughton.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That leaves a squad of 29 - which still seems a little bloated.

Any going out to Union SG ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
West Brom looking to sign a midfielder who is Okay. Okay Yokuşlu to be precise. If that is the plan, Sam, maybe try Marvellous Makamba.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hardly "news" but Sky now reporting Murray loan to Forest as a done deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't surprise me if Bernardo and or Ali J went somewhere, either on loan or as "undisclosed".

Don't think we need either. Both are useful to have, but we might want to get them off our books.

Doubt Propper is going anywhere just yet.
Bernardo went out on loan to RB Saltzberg earlier in this window.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
Wouldn't surprise me if Bernardo and or Ali J went somewhere, either on loan or as "undisclosed".

Don't think we need either. Both are useful to have, but we might want to get them off our books.

Doubt Propper is going anywhere just yet.

Bernardo went on loan to RB Salzburg last week.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Miranda.png

Really thought Wolves would bear with. But I guess she kept falling over too much. Such fun.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not exactly a hive of activity this thread

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The must be the dullest transfer deadline day thread ever.

I guess it's true of most clubs at the moment.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
One for our depleted U23 squad , Brighton sign Jack Wakely until the end of the season from Chelsea .

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
One for our depleted U23 squad , Brighton sign Jack Wakely until the end of the season from Chelsea .

I'm not sure we should be developing another club's centre backs.

Maybe we have some sort of first dibs over a signing, but then this is the position we are least in need of adding to

But anyway .... welcome Jack :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure we should be developing another club's centre backs.

Maybe we have some sort of first dibs over a signing, but then this is the position we are least in need of adding to

But anyway .... welcome Jack :)
He's out of contract in the summer, apparently, so a free agent.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
West Brom 'very keen' on signing Benteke 'to give them some goal threat' apparently :lol::lol:

Allardyce going for his tried and trusted strategy of focussing exclusively on free kicks, corners and long throws, in which case Benteke can jump up and down and throw his arms about in the hope that the ball will end up at the feet or on the head of someone who can score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here