Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Veltman?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Will be a big miss if injured with the pocket rocket out too.

Some of his play tonight I thought was excellent. Running down the line, link up with Gross, Tross, Mac Argie etc... Top drawer. He's turned out to be another bargain and stepped up well and very quickly imo.

One of our better forays into the Dutch league for sure.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Strange he didn’t bring Alzate on at RWB. With Burn coming on I did think ‘ffs Potter you’re really making a rod for your own back if we don’t win this now’.

Think Burns done really well for us considering his past standard etc but he’s just not quite good enough to be a regular and seems one people single out as ‘shot’ (happened to read the tweet comments when our line up was announced - silly little kids - hope Burn doesn’t see it!)

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
He needs to stop trying to cross. I don't think any of his crosses beat the first man or indeed go to any man. Other than that very good.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Thought Burn did ok last night when he replaced Veltman. Good couple of clearing headers, and a couple of hoofs upfield to break up Spurs’ pressing at the end.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As far as I'm concerned Burn has only had 1 shocker for us against Wolves, and the winger that on his day does that to any full back he likes.

Burn is more than good enough in my opinion.

Veltman back on topic has been excellent of late.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
yeah, sensible substitution given our star right back is injured and we need veltman available as much as possible.

Stumpy Tim

As far as I'm concerned Burn has only had 1 shocker for us against Wolves, and the winger that on his day does that to any full back he likes.

This. Traore ripped him apart, but he's done that to better players than Burn. He rarely lets us down. Starting XI? Probably not, but good back up and his height is an option

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He’s a better outright defender than Lamptey

This.

As much as Lamptey is an absolute terror going forward he can leave big holes at the back when he pushes on and isn't as tactically clued in as Veltman. JV has, along with Sanchez, been a large contributor to the clean sheets.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Veltman back on topic has been excellent of late.

And against Leicester, when James Justin had him on toast.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This.

As much as Lamptey is an absolute terror going forward he can leave big holes at the back when he pushes on and isn't as tactically clued in as Veltman. JV has, along with Sanchez, been a large contributor to the clean sheets.

Would Tariq get his place back if he was fit for Wednesday...tricky

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here