Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bizarre Mourinho Interview: "the team was a bit sad" (after the goal)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is a clown - its one of the main reasons lots of people like him, they have someone they can identify with.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
They were sad because we were already running rings round them! I’m sure he said something later about his team not getting what they deserved - rubbish comments all round.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone else catch this interview straight after the match?

I was watching it on Peacock but I think it was probably on Sky too maybe?

He talked about the team feeling "sad" during the game. He looked shell-shocked.

Never heard a manager talk about "sadness" during a game. Felt like he was projecting.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/31/sad-...mits-jose-mourinho-13997455/?ito=newsnow-feed

Most likely a slight mistranslation of what he was thinking in Portuguese.......

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Spurs weren't playing well with Kane, then he got injured and they lost to Liverpool, then they start without one of their best players in Reguilon and without a leader in Dier.

The Dele Alli situation isn't helping either

Then they go a goal down. I think he means they're feeling things aren't going for them. It is an odd season, and there are opportunities to get results against almost anyone at any time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn’t hear him give us any credit at all.... poor loser - we dominated from start to finish.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Didn’t hear him give us any credit at all.... poor loser - we dominated from start to finish.

He rarely gives credit to the opposition, he simply makes excuses, be it the players not sticking to instructions, players not performing, poor referees or VAR decisions, and now sadness..,

Really quite sad on his part, not to admit he’s ever wrong or he was out thought and played by the opposition.

Special one my arse...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They’ll be sad when they’re pissing off back up the M23 with a platter of stale cheese sandwiches and 0 points.

Piss off Spurs
:goal:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here