Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MotD

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
To top off a great night, let's see if Smug Eddie can say something nice about us.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What’s that shirt he’s wearing? Has he been playing darts?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'd rather Connolly miss that one and score another winner at Turf Moor, or Anfield if we want to get silly.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
The noise Micah Richards made when Bissouma turned one of their players made me chuckle.

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
Yes yes, I know he is smug Eddie, and his face is annoying, but I still don't understand my primordial urge to punch him in said face again and again and again and again. It can't just be his smugness, there must be something else.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've just wound it back and watched again and noticed that 'Praise You' came over the PA on the final whistle. Feeling homesick now.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The noise Micah Richards made when Bissouma turned one of their players made me chuckle.

I like Micah Richards, but not as much as Bissouma (and that bit of skill induced something from me too: a yelp?, some other noise?, a drool?). There must be something in the water at MotD, because Bissouma's goal against 'Pool* generated a noise from Dion Dublin that was even repeated.

*there's another one coming on Wednesday :smile:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I like Micah Richards, but not as much as Bissouma (and that bit of skill induced something from me too: a yelp?, some other noise?, a drool?). There must be something in the water at MotD, because Bissouma's goal against 'Pool* generated a noise from Dion Dublin that was even repeated.

*there's another one coming on Wednesday :smile:

It's the audio embodiment of going weak at the knees.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think Richards might be my favourite pundit

5 Live's 'Monday Night Club' with Mark Chapman, Chis Sutton, Rory Smith and Micah Richardson was broadcast simultaneously on the BBC iplayer last week.

All four of them were broadcasting from home from an assortment of spare bedrooms, with the exception of Chris Sutton who appeared to be luxuriating in a leather-studded chair in the corner of his living room? I watched it on the iplayer and at the beginning of the show Mark Chapman said something along the lines of, "Before we get onto the other football news, the standout FA Cup tie of the weekend was undoubtedly Everton vs Sheffield Wednesday, which I know we all watched with interest. Chis - what did you think?"

At this point you could see a look of puzzlement in Micah Richard's face and he began to shift uncomfortably in his chair. Chris Sutton, completely deadpan, then reeled off some ridiculous stat about Dominic CL's goal. Chapman nodded sagely then handed over to Rory Smith who produced another stat about Everton and assists this season. By now Micah Richards, sitting in his spare bedroom, was looking even more panicked.

Then Chapman said "Micah - what did you think? Oh hold on, before you answer - let's just play a voice mail the producer received last night..."

At that point Chapman played in a voice mail that was unmistakably Micah Richards that went something like, "Hi mate. What are we doing tomorrow night? Are we doing this last game? Only I just really can't be bothered to watch it mate. I'm all footballed out. Let me know yeah? Cheers."

I accept you probably had to be there (well, watching anyway) but I think it is probably still available on the iplayer to watch. It's a great moment as Richards realises he's been completely stitched up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here