Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So do we rotate players for the Liverpool game?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We can't win away at Liverpool so let's throw the match, keep the scoreline respectable, and ensure we're not too tired for the Burnley game.

f*** that

We can win there.

We've got momentum building now. Let's go there with a full strength side. Have a go at them. They won't fancy playing us

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We rotate.

But remember, Potter often rotates so I doubt it'll affect the players' mentality much.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
My concern now is that Potter will get unnecessarily cocky and start playing selection roulette again because we're under less pressure. Bit like when you have the occasional non-shit day in life and that temporary optimism/confidence results in disaster. Hopefully he's learned and we'll stick to the formula, mind.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Not unless players are struggling with fitnesd. We've got a consistent settled defence and midfield for once and look good for a mid table push.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMO yes because Saturday is a massive game for us. Which isn't to say full-scale changes, but I think there's value in maybe resting some of those who've played every game for a while (one of Webster / Dunk / White, March too) and rotating Maupay for someone like Connolly for game time (and tactically as we might need the extra pace).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes probably going to see a bit of rotation as I think he will put out the strongest possible team (= similar to the one today) against both Burnley and Leicester, and a couple of players probably need some rest before that. March and Veltman must have sprinted a marathon in recent weeks but one of them will need to play (BDB as LWB if March is resting, BDB as LCB if Veltman is resting, with White playing RWB).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We can't win away at Liverpool so let's throw the match, keep the scoreline respectable, and ensure we're not too tired for the Burnley game.

f*** that

We can win there.

We've got momentum building now. Let's go there with a full strength side. Have a go at them. They won't fancy playing us

That’s my initial feeling too.

But knowing what we know of GP, and his strengths, he won’t get too high or too low. He’ll pick who is fully fit and try and pick the team most likely to get a result.

If everyone’s fit, it’s going to be tough to change Gross/Biss/Mac who have been 9/10 lately.. But I could possibly see a change with Maupay and or Tross.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
With such good performances against Fulham & Spurs, it's hard to justify dropping anyone.
But I can't help feeling that Lallana, Welbeck and Lamptey are better players - but hard to fit them in?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think we have to don't we? We've got Liverpool on Wednesday followed by Burnley on Saturday, Leicester on the wednesday after then Villa on the Saturday. And this is after 3 games in a week. If we don't do some rotation then we risk injury and tiredness affecting results.

Burnley is a bigger, more important game for us in the context of our season so we need to go into that one as fit and fresh as possible. Yes, I think points are attainable against Liverpool but I'd rather rotate players against them than against Burnley.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I would be targeting Burnley and Villa.

Four or five changes for Liverpool with BDB, coming from Tau, Lallana, Connolly, Alzate and Propper (if he doesn’t leave today). Hoping to see Moder and Karnownik for Leicester.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
No.

The team is finding its feet. They’ll all want to (and deserve to) play. GPott’s masters is in leadership and emotional intelligence so he should recognise the requirement to validate this current 11 with a full on crack at the Champions.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We got something in December and now we have our tails up. Anfield is no longer a fortress

Maupay to be our modern day Andy Ritchie...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With Liverpool facing City at the weekend, I'm hoping it will be Klippity doing the rotation and "saving" his best 11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here