Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possession

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think our last five wins have been on the back of less possession than the opposition.

Surely this is is the opposite of what Potterball is all about?

Maybe we should do it more often.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its the evolution of it really, GP learning (!) more about the PL, the players learning more where to move and how to play it - when there's always good options you dont need to wait and patiently seek them.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Our style has changed and evolved so much throughout this one season alone.

People laugh about Potter's continued admission "to learn from this"... but it really seems that he literally does.

We are getting better and better. Really do believe that Potter will be one of the greats.

Potterball isn't what we were when he first came here. It is what we will become.

Spot on. Possession with a purpose. Mind you, for quite a while, we've looked good against the bigger teams, who will commit players forward. It's against the deep block that we seem to struggle.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think our last five wins have been on the back of less possession than the opposition.

Surely this is is the opposite of what Potterball is all about?

Maybe we should do it more often.

It’s a bit of a myth that GP has one way of playing.

He has multiple styles, systems, formations. One of the reasons why I think he’s a special talent as a manager.

He certainly is not just about possession. Depends on the game, the opposition, the players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here