Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Well done Graham

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I’ve been a savage critic but today he got everything right. Didn’t mess with the team, he’s allowing a settled side to develop, subs right assuming Veltmans was forced (if not that was odd), solid at the back. I’m glad Connolys shocker didn’t ruin it for him.

Let’s hope this is the start of better results for rest of season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
^^ What he said ^^

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I’ve been a savage critic but today he got everything right. Didn’t mess with the team, he’s allowing a settled side to develop, subs right assuming Veltmans was forced (if not that was odd), solid at the back. I’m glad Connolys shocker didn’t ruin it for him.

This..:bowdown:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The biggest thing for me is that we seem to have finally tightened up at the back and with set pieces. Wonder how much of this is down to Sanchez and Veltman now getting a good run of games.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
just stop fecking meddling with the line up, get some real understanding going. Just one criticism, get the coaching to help Connolly to stop falling to the floor as much, Zaha’s limitations of defying gravity should not be something he aspires to:)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Who honestly didnt expect them to score after Connolly missed! Glad we saw it out professionally

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I have plenty of time for redemption.

Well posted :thumbsup:

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I agree. I've been in the 'out camp' since the beginning of November. Credit where its due, GP got it spot on tonight.
Let's hope he kicks on from here. He's got a headache coming when Lamptey is back. Can't see how he can drop Veltman and I hope he doesn't tinker with the team too much again to fit them both in.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The bloke is doing great things, some people expect immediate results...

Luckily, the person who counts (Mr Bloom) doesn’t with all the grace and patience that saw the Amex built and the academy project start churning out several members of the 1st team squad. Whilst other are screaming and ranting, Tony holds true to his vision, what a class act.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Fair play. Glad I didn’t ignore you now

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
credit where credit is due.

Three clean sheets and 7 points :clap2::clap2:

We’ve now got to start taking these performances we seem to produce against the bigger boys to the teams below and around us so we can have a nice relaxing enjoyable second half of the season for a change.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The narrative from this will be just how BAD Spurs were (and yes, they were). But they were terrible because from back to front we did a number on them. Out-worked and out-thought from start to finish.

I saw us protect that 1 goal lead at Dirty Leeds the other week without much fuss and crisis, and today was exactly the same. Just a calm control, keeping our shape, whilst always looking a threat when we broke down their moves and sprung on them. The frustration is that we never quite seal the deal with that 2nd goal cushion, which given the quality and randomness of the PL always, ALWAYS leaves us vulnerable to an unkind sucker-punch.

But we were so great tonight. For once getting our just rewards for our performance. Very proud and energised by that.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Potter and the team showed some steel tonight when we really needed it.
Stood by his convictions and made a gutsy move to name an unchanged side which paid off.
He justifies the plaudits tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here