Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Performance of the Season

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was, wasn’t it?

Every player can be proud of themselves. Excellent.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Cue the "Potter out" brigade 'cos Connolly missed a sitter. I'm so proud of every one of the team tonight and Potter,called it dead right. UTA.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A settled team really helped us I think, meant we didn't spend the first 20 minutes watching a team having to introduce itself to one another

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We played better than the opposition, one filled with expensive players (compared to ours) we scored a great goal qnd we won yes Bloody well WON.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A settled team really helped us I think, meant we didn't spend the first 20 minutes watching a team having to introduce itself to one another

While I completely agree but with so many games in quick succession I can't see it being a third game same team can you

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
While I completely agree but with so many games in quick succession I can't see it being a third game same team can you

Given it's Liverpool away I wouldn't actually mind him giving some game time around the squad (Connolly, Moder, Propper etc.)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’ve become so solid crew at the back - ironically with about 21 games to go...

I’ll get my coat...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Thought the Fulham performance was a bit better overall in a lot of ways, but taking the opponent (and the result!) into consideration this one sure feel better.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We've played brilliantly in several games this season.

But not won them. Here we got it over the line. I'd say yes, our best display

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Cue the "Potter out" brigade 'cos Connolly missed a sitter. I'm so proud of every one of the team tonight and Potter,called it dead right. UTA.
But he did miss it?
And it was a sitter!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The best result of the season yes.

I reserve the best performance of the season for the Manure game.

Manure needed their woodwork 5 times, they needed 5-minutes Fergie time and a goal scored after the final whistle. They needed VAR to overturn a perfectly good penalty that was not clear and obvious. They needed Rashford to score a deflected goal off Dunk’s block.

That was an 8-1 game with luck on our side, we’ve still not regained all the confidence that game robbed us of.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes it was, because of it's huge consequences.

WBA and Fulham will be sick !!

Yes mate, so dispiriting for them ( haha).

Their fans will be going to bed convinced they're down

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think we played better vs Manure, but were robbed.

Fulham were Plucky and Lucky

SPuds were poor, but we still had to be good to beat them, they have quality players. The whole team worked together to nullify them all. Seeing Bale subbed at 60 minutes tells you everything you need to know about our performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here