Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay’s yelllow...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seemed a strange one... Ref gave foul and clearly wasn’t giving anything else it seemed. Their player injured. Then seems to go all Mike dean and change his mind - pointed to his ear to Dunk - but VAR isn’t for yellows as Dunky clearly told him? Not the first time I think refs have changed / broken the rules...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Could have been linesman or 4th official in his ear

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Seemed a strange one... Ref gave foul and clearly wasn’t giving anything else it seemed. Their player injured. Then seems to go all Mike dean and change his mind - pointed to his ear to Dunk - but VAR isn’t for yellows as Dunky clearly told him? Not the first time I think refs have changed / broken the rules...

Not as strange as Burn's yellow for not fouling anyone, nor the no yellow for Connolly getting elbowed in the back of the head.

Ref was a ****. In my opinion

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Nothing strange really big team player rolls around like he's been shot and ref is conned into thinking it must be a yellow becoming the norm in top 6 versus the rest games.

Jimmy Grimble

Very reminiscent of the complete and utter shyster and Stephens.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not as strange as Burn's yellow for not fouling anyone, nor the no yellow for Connolly getting elbowed in the back of the head.

Ref was a ****. In my opinion

I thought the Burn one was for dissent or kicking the ball away but I have no evidence for this. Agreed on the second point.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Nothing strange really big team player rolls around like he's been shot and ref is conned into thinking it must be a yellow becoming the norm in top 6 versus the rest games.

This. I though that the Oscar 'Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role' attempt, had a lot to do with it. Was ridiculous but expected with the normal top 6 biased PL ref

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Meh. Thought the ref was excellent, and not the first time at that. Every time I see "oh, its Seinfeld reffing", I know it will be a game with decent flow, good advantages and generally good decisions. No idea who the guy is but I think he's my favorite ref in the PL.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Could have been linesman or 4th official in his ear

Ah yes hadn’t thought of that... but it was in middle of pitch and 4th official isn’t allowed to do that... so still a bit of a mystery...! I can see why it was a yellow tbh as he trod on ankle but point I’m making (minor point but that’s what NSC is for) is I think he changed mind then pointed at ear - odd one.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It was a yellow but the ref missed it, Maupay raked the ankle with his boot. I’m certain the ref got the call from Dean!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Meh. Thought the ref was excellent, and not the first time at that. Every time I see "oh, its Seinfeld reffing", I know it will be a game with decent flow, good advantages and generally good decisions. No idea who the guy is but I think he's my favorite ref in the PL.

Very refreshing ref - let loads go when players were looking for soft free kicks - not saying he had a bad game at all - thought he was decent overall.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Ref was ok overall but that was a shocking booking. Definitely reacting to the Spurs players and the supposed injury and it should have nothing to do with the 4th official or linesman, he was right there and they were miles away. If someone had a word in his ear as a result of looking at their TV then that's against the rules.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Maupays ankle tickle was no different to the one on AliMac which got a booking. Ref was ok, played advantages . . . Burns booking was odd, Son did a Kane, ducked and stodd up in Burns arm pit to get the opportunity to go down.I thought he was better than that, but no, a SPud through and through

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here