Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Tottenham (h)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sanchez 8 -- reassuring
Veltman 7.5 -- always an outlet, solid
White 7.5 -- Mourinho now wants to pay a lot of money for him
Dunk 7.5 -- another defender with a score like this because they were so well organised they weren't really under threat
Webster 8 -- pushing the England squad, or ought to be
March 7.5 -- top, top season
Bissouma 9 -- stunning
Gross 9 JMotM -- like the duracell bunny, kept on going, brilliant assist, hit the post, caused havoc
Trossard 9 JMotM -- first half, he was dynamite
Mac Allister 9 -- technically superb, lots of good decisions
Maupay 7 -- lots of effort, a few things didn't pay off

Subs:
Burn 8 -- plenty to enjoy in there
Connolly 5 -- fluffed his lines
Lallana 7 -- good to see you again, experienced contribution

Boy, we deserved that. First half we were absolutely stunning. Second half, unruffled, and should have made it easier for ourselves by extending the lead.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sanchez 8 Continues to make a strong case to be our long term number one.
Veltman 7 Composed, classy and cool.
Webster 9 Epic domination . His best yet imho.
Dunk 8. Officially back to his best now
March 7. Decent
White 7 generally solid and at times creative
Bissouma 8 .He intimidated their dishevelled midfield
Trossard 8. They made it easy for him and he took full advantage . Best yet this season.
Maupay 6 tried hard but yet again , he needs far too many chances
Mac 8 . Bossed it at times. There’s more to come.
Gross 9 Masterful, intelligent, cunning play. Best ever performance for us.

Subs
Lallana 6 didn’t do a lot but I felt reassured by his presence
Burn 6. Nice row z clearance at the end
Connolly 5. I won’t kill the vibe by mentioning it.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Sanchez - 7 - not much to do, but was solid. Fantastic save late on from Lamela (?)

Veltman - 7 - as others have said, completely different player from Lamptey but so reliable. Didn't put a foot wrong

White, Dunk, Webster - 7.5 - same for all three, looked calm and composed throughout the entire game. Spurs just couldn't break them down. This is our best back 3

March - 9 - ok so he wasn't that threatening going forward today, but my word his defending was absolutely top notch. Kept them completely quiet down the right

Bissouma - 8 - standard performance we've come to expect of him. Controls possession, breaks up play, hasn't put a foot wrong in months

Mac Allister - 8 - getting better and better. Changes our game with his forward passes and direct runs, and he made our goal again

Gross - 9 (MOM) - How. Just how. Does he still get away with this Cruyff turns after 3.5 years. Glorious. Oh and he absolutely ran the game today. One of our best ever signings and I'm so glad he's a key player again after being on the sidelines for a while

Maupay - 6.5 - lots of runs, got into good positions and carried the ball well. Should have done better with a few chances though, isn't releasing the ball or shooting early enough. It'll come.

Trossard - 7 - looked back to his former self over the last couple of games, definitely got some confidence back. Some lovely direct runs and a well-taken finish

Subs:
Connolly - 5 - sorry but you've got to score there.

Lallana - 6 - nothing much to note

Burn - 6 - did the job

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Sanchez 7 -- rarely needed, but incredible save near the end
Veltman 7 -- very good in defence and going forward, works very well with gross
White 7 -- some good tackles and attacking threat
Dunk 7 -- another good one and nearly another goal
Webster 8 -- best of the back three defensively
March 8 -- always an outlet down the wing, ran sissoko ragged, some excellent crosses today
Bissouma 8 -- assured as always
Gross 8 -- back to his best drifting across the middle and wing, consistently finding space for crosses
Trossard 8 -- excellent work rate and tracking back, very sharp going forward
Mac Allister 8 -- his best performance so far, has a knack for finding space and is so dangerous arriving late into the box
Maupay 7 -- worked well in the team, could have scored though

Burn 6 -- good attacking threat but conceded a dangerous free kick near the end
Connolly 6 -- didn't do much
Lallana 6 -- good contribution

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez 8 - nice saves, comfortable with his feet, turns out its quite nice to have a keeper that saves more than 47% of the shots. Its early yet but this guy is looking very promising.

White 8 - against Fulham he put himself in some bad situations but excellent today.
Dunk 9 - legend
Webster 9 - his best performance as LCB? No one could get past him.

Veltman 8 - close to a nine, excellent. DIRTY. Obv. not subbed for tactical or performance reasons, he was just knackered. What a signing.
Gross 9 - if I was someone who gave 10s, he would be a 10 tonight.
Bissouma 8 - everywhere. So clever in his positioning and pretty much always finds the right pass.
March 8 - Englands best LWB, not his best attacking performance of the season (yet really good) but probably he is best defensive one.

Mac Allister 8 - you do get the feeling that there is something quite special here. So many dirty flicks and tricks.

Trossard 8 - scored the goal and was generally a threat though messed up a few times. Very nice to see him get the goal.
Maupay 8 - not very dangerous in the penalty box tonight but nice hold up play, great passing and what I might love most of all is that all of the opponent defenders know that they will have a mad Frenchman chasing them unless they just kick the ball away randomly.

Burn 8 - maybe not the most gracious player but did exactly what he had to do
Lallana 8 - really nice to get his calm and experience on the pitch in that situation, of all the hundreds of thousands in any way participating in this game, he was the only one who didnt feel like shitting himself the last five minutes.
Connolly 8 - I dunno if its an 8 really but came on, worked hard and killed quite a few seconds. Nice to see him back and since we won I wont say anything about the hair.

Random kudos to the ref (David Seinfield?), thought he was excellent and allowed the game to flow in a way modern refs rarely do.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez 8
Veltman 8
White 7.5
Dunk 7.5
Webster 8
March 7.5
Bissouma 8
Gross 9
Trossard 8.5
Mac Allister 9 MoM
Maupay 7. 5

Burn 7.5
Connolly 6
Lallana 7

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Maupay - 6.5 - lots of runs, got into good positions and carried the ball well. Should have done better with a few chances though, isn't releasing the ball or shooting early enough. It'll come.

I hope you are right.
2 golden opportunities he squandered by not playing others in.( Gross and McAllister) If he could think quicker he would be one hell of a player.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sanchez - 7 - not much to do, but was solid. Fantastic save late on from Lamela (?)

Veltman - 7 - as others have said, completely different player from Lamptey but so reliable. Didn't put a foot wrong

White, Dunk, Webster - 7.5 - same for all three, looked calm and composed throughout the entire game. Spurs just couldn't break them down. This is our best back 3

March - 9 - ok so he wasn't that threatening going forward today, but my word his defending was absolutely top notch. Kept them completely quiet down the right

Bissouma - 8 - standard performance we've come to expect of him. Controls possession, breaks up play, hasn't put a foot wrong in months

Mac Allister - 8 - getting better and better. Changes our game with his forward passes and direct runs, and he made our goal again

Gross - 9 (MOM) - How. Just how. Does he still get away with this Cruyff turns after 3.5 years. Glorious. Oh and he absolutely ran the game today. One of our best ever signings and I'm so glad he's a key player again after being on the sidelines for a while

Trossard - 7 - looked back to his former self over the last couple of games, definitely got some confidence back. Some lovely direct runs and a well-taken finish

Subs:
Connolly - 5 - sorry but you've got to score there.

Lallana - 6 - nothing much to note

Burn - 6 - did the job

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

This. Only alteration for me would bumping Webster and Sanchez up to an 8 :thumbsup:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sanchez 8.5 - One worldie, several regulation saves. Kept my blood pressure down with a superb performance. This boy will be getting a nice new contract in the summer and 1 on his back
Veltman 7.5 - Superb again - I would like to think that even if LAmptey was fit, Potter would have picked Joel for this one. Exactly what was needed
White 7.5 -- What a pass to put Maupay in in the first 5 minutes. Solid defensively, great passing and a threat going forward. £25- £30m?? ... **** off!
Dunk 7.5 -- Greatness again. Personal highlight was him telling the ref that he didn't know what he was doing, for the Maupay yellow.
Webster 7.5 -- best performance on the left -actually managed to keep control of the ball on one of his surging runs too. Solid as. I doubt he stands a chance, but he really should be on Southgate's radar.
March 8 - Superb cross for the awful Maupay header. Some fantastic tackles in defence. Great strength holding off Spurs defenders. The boy is class. Anyone who still can't see it, needs to book themself in with a therapist.
Bissouma 8 -- Bossed it. Yet again. He gets talked about a lot in commentary and by Pundits. Seems inevitable he will be on his toes in the summer. I hope not.
Gross 9 - Wow roll back the years Pascal! as good as any performance from 17/18 - The Cruyff turn was in full effect too. Still works a charm. Every. Single. Time!
Trossard 8.5 - great performance - so glad he's hit the back of the net. He's had a frustrating season. Hope he goes from strength to strength now
Mac Allister 9 MoM -- It's clicking. He is becoming increasingly influential. Can see him reaching Bissouma levels by the end of the season. He is that good.
Maupay 6.-- did lots of good stuff. But delayed on two attacks when players were well set. A quick pass fromhim on both occasions and we win that comfortably. It's a problem (sorry Neal, but it is)

Burn 6.5 - Smashed a few balls into the stand at the end. a particularly pathetic attempt to keep the ball in the corner. Did enough
Connolly 5 - Just when you thought we couldn't miss a more open goal than we already have..... comical ( probably being harsh on him)
Lallana 6.5 - reassuring substitution - ate up enough of the clock when it mattered

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Wonderful all round team performance where no one deserved less than 7/10. Great to see Gross and Trossard play with the confidence of when we first signed them. I thought McAllister might be a useful squad player / sub - but now seems to be a definite starter ( but in a central position).

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez. 8. Another clean sheet
Veltman. 7. Very good in defence and considering not a wingback did ok going forward
White. 9 know didn’t have cane but Son is an outstanding player and he and other forwards hardly got a sniff. All credit to
CBS
Dunk. 9. As above
Webster. 9. As above
March. 7. Great in defence but because so one footed easy to mark when attacking
Bissouma. 9. So consistent in winning ball and finding players
Gross. 9 Usually Mr reliable and not noticeable but well above that level today
McCalister. 9 I thought until today Lalana only one who could play role of supporting forwards. Now changed my mind
Maupay. 7 Took longtime to get into game but then did ok mostly outside box. Still too many times not releasing ball to player
In better position
Trossard. 9 A real handful all across the front line

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez - 7

White - 7
Dunk - 8
Webster - 8

Veltman - 7
Bissouma - 8
Gross - 9 - MoM
March - 8

MacAllister - 9
Maupay - 7
Trossard - 9 - finally, brilliant display.

Burn - 6
Connolly - 6
Lallana - 6

Potter - 9

Ref - 7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez - 8 - Calmness, presence, agility, pragmatism

Veltman - 7 - Terrific passer. Huge selection dilemma when Lamptey gets fit

White - 7 - Untroubled

Dunk - 7 - Untroubled

Webster - 8 - Trademark marauding run. Trademark composed defending. Now a £50m player

March - 8 - Incredible work rate. Truly selfless performance. Brilliant ball retention. One fabulous cross for Maupay

Bissouma - 9 - I've never seen anyone who can get their toe in like he can. Superb again

Gross - 10 - Incredible work rate. Delivered daggers through the heart of the Spurs defence. His best Albion display, and he's had plenty of good ones.

Trossard - 9 - Weaved magic today. Deserved goalscorer

MacAllister - 9 - Finds pockets of space and always looks for a progressive pass. So intelligent for someone his age. Always looking to get a shot away or drive into the box. Brilliant display

Maupay - 7 - Some terrific hold up play, didn't take the half chances on offer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here