Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I said it in his first season and I have to say it again; if Gross had genuine pace he would be absolutely world class. He has vision, delivery, the Gross turn, an eye for a goal and tremendous work rate. If he was a yard or two faster he'd be at a Champs League club.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He’s been reborn this season.

I really like the way GP has moved him into a deeper role. Plays far more to his strengths. His pace isn’t an issue. Allows him to roam across the middle of the field and play as a quarterback and emphasise his superb short and long passing. And on occasion he can run down the side, onto his trademark Gross turns and a cut in pass (like the goal today).

Since he started at Leeds, he’s had a great 3 game run. Hard to drop him when he plays to this level. I do have a comparison for him to a legend, but don’t want to tempt fate yet.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To the tune of Westend girls...

THERES A GERMAN MAN IN BLUE AND WHITE,
CROSSING BALLS FROM LEFT AND RIGHT,
PASCAL GROSS DA DA DA DA,
PASCAL GROSS DA DA DA DA.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
He has clearly done loads of fitness training. Can someone do a before and after comparison pics with Pascal a year ago. He looks so much leaner and meaner now and his performances reflect it. He was excellent tonight

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What was Pascal on tonight? His energy levels were fantastic and in parts, he actually looked as if he had some pace. A wonderful, committed display tonight from our big German.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’m usually satisfied by one Gross turn but he was at it all night. It was filthy.

The first Gross turn of the match is a little highlight for me. One of small pleasures I take when he is playing.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
has he clicked in this new role because he is now playing with players on his wave length - Trossard and Ali MacA, they know where to run and he knows how to play the passes into space

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
has he clicked in this new role because he is now playing with players on his wave length - Trossard and Ali MacA, they know where to run and he knows how to play the passes into space

Also, Potter has him deeper so his pace is rarely exposed. Bissouma is there for him to be the last man in midfield and Mac, March, Tross & Maupay supply the speed. I’ve also noticed that Veltman is a right back version of Groß, such intelligent passing and distribution.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yes that’s part of it and add in Bissouma to do most of his running and covering in the middle.

Mainly it’s starting in a deeper role though, it really suits him as gets on the ball more and with the game in front of him a lot of the time so he can use his quality vision and ability to use the ball well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
ditto, he has looked half the player he was in some previous games, tonight he was back to his sparkling best..... maybe a run of games is helping him?

How many times tonight did he do the Cruyff turn and every time bar one, he skinned the spurs player!

groß ist großartig

Yep, one of my lads said 'I just want Gross to Cruyff turn Bale.' Lo and behold, within seconds he Cruyff turned Bale. :clap2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:rock:

Brighton's Pascal Gross has assisted 18 Premier League goals; the only Germans with more assists in the competition's history are Mesut Ozil (54), Leroy Sane (28) and Dietmar Hamann (22).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This new position suits him... like midfield but also a slight free-role at times to get wide etc. I never thought this role would suit him, but Potter and him have proved me wrong. He’s been great and kept the impressive Alzate out the side.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here